May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Gift

Whew! I bet you thought I wasn't going to post today huh? Well actually even I didn't know if I was going to post today. I took these pics yesterday thinking I would put the post together last night. But we had Kindergarten Orientation until late (oh how time flies!) and I was just clobbered by allergies so I laid down for a bit and that little bit became the morning. Which was full of preschool shuttling, playdates and friends. So here I am finally sitting down to share with you my project today. This is another nifty gifty; Mother's Day Style. 

Now indulge me for a bit while I talk about my sweet mother. All my life I remember her being a crafty sort. She is quite the amazing quilter and for many years did toll painting. Now that she is back at work and going to school (to become a principle!) she hasn't had much time for crafting. Well, I visited her a while back and took my stamping supplies. Now I am not sure if she has been humoring me, but she has developed quite the interest in stamping now. We share together our love for our favorite products and she has been stamping her heart out! So in light of this, I thought she could use a box to store her creations in. Enter this years Mother's Day Gift:

I made up a box much like the one I did for the first 365 Cards Challenge. I covered it with some Wild Saffron papers and stamped a tag for the front with her name. 
I made up some dividers using my tab punch and more lovely papers. I also punched a few extra tabs so she can make up some more dividers if she needs them.
I made a card to match using my PTI Mother set and some rub-ons, stickers and gems from the same Wild Saffron line. I added some blue stickles to the yellow circles.
Inside I added a big pack of my favorite 6x6 papers.  I added a belly band with some rope and made up a tag to go with it. I cut out another butterfly from the paper to add to it. Now here is the final kicker... Every year Papertrey Ink makes up their anniversary set given free for those customers that purchase at least 12 of their sets in a year. Now as the final month approached (february) we both were on the phone every week talking about how many sets we had purchased and if we were going to qualify for the coveted anniversary set. We ordered each month with gusto to ensure we would and when it all came down to it, my mom was short 1 set!!!! Apparently we miscounted and she was DEVASTATED to say the least. Soooo I did a little searching and found someone selling a set off of EBay and I snatched it up and added it to her gift! (That is the package in the yellow) Needless to say she is going to FREAK OUT when she opens it. I just wish I could see her face when she gets this, that would totally make my year! The extra funny part about this is that I still have not received my set (which I did qualify for). She kept giving me a hard time about using the set when she wouldn't get one. And now she is getting one and I don't have mine yet! Apparently there has been a glitch in the system and I hope to get it sometime soon. I am kind of stalking my mailman. The waiting is SO painful!

Here is a shot of the top of her new box and her Mother's Day card. It went out today and should show up by the weekend. I told her she couldn't read my blog until she got it in the mail as to not ruin the surprise. I hope she complied!I am so blessed to have a mother that shares my interests and dreams. Thank you to a wonderful mother who has raised me and loved me and is constantly encouraging me to be better. I love you mom!! Happy Mother's Day!!

Thanks for visiting me today! 
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon, Simple Alphabet, Mother, Bitty Baby Blessings. Amy Butler Lotus Set.
Ink: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate. SU! Pumpkin Pie, Hero Arts Soft Pool
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Vintage Cream. K&Co Wild Saffron
Accessories: K&Co. Wild Saffron Rub-Ons, Adhesive Gems, 3-D Butterfly stickers, corner rounder, 3-D alphas


6 comments:

Vicky said...

What an awesome gift, Kristie! It's so beautiful!!! Your mom is just going to be beside herself :). I can't believe you STILL haven't received the anniversary set! That's crazy! I'm planning to do the same thing to my mom - ban her from my blog after I post her present :). Great job on such a well thought out project!

Maz said...

This is such a wondeful gift you have made for your mum, I am sure she will adore it, I know I would.
I wish I still had my Mum to make presents for.
Maz

Anonymous said...

GREAT daughter, your mom is going to love it. My mom gave me a bad time about the posting of my MIL card but not hers, she was kidding, she checks my blog daily and I don't think the MIL knows I have one. Beautiful job on your mother's day gift, really pretty. Now go rest if you can.

Tommie said...

Mmm mmm mmm. I love this. It is absolutely beautiful and just the sort of thing I would love to make! Very nice!

~amy~ said...

Oh Kristie...such a wonderful giftie for your Mom! I think it is great that she is crafty...my mom isn't :(

Alecia Wolfford said...

What fabulous gifts. Your work is stunning!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.