May 13, 2009

Urban Prairie Scraps

I received a sweet email last week from a new friend Sherry. I met her over at 365 Cards. If you haven't been over there yet, I don't know what you are waiting for. Everyone is so nice and the challenges are fabulous!! When I commented on a card Sherry made using some Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers she emailed and offered to mail me some of her scraps! Now, this was SO incredibly thoughtful of her and obviously inspired because one of my favorite things to do is sit with a pile of scraps and create something. I seem to do better with that sometimes than full sheets of paper! So Thank You Sherry.... Here is the card I made for you:

The other fun thing about this card is that tag was actually from a new pair of jeans I just bought. I wanted to use it (and the rope) so I covered it with some paper. The paper was the perfect size too, so I didn't have to shed any tears by cutting into a full sheet. I love not crying over cut paper ; )
Anyway. Thanks again Sherry for the scraps (you will see more in the next card) and for helping me with another Take-Off. If you haven't hit Sherry's blog yet (I have linked her 4 times already!) Go over to HER BLOG and say hi and see the fun things she is doing!

See you again!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Friend's Till The End (Sentiment)
Ink: SU! Basic Black
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stampers White, Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Accessories: Tag, Rope, Flowers, Button, Floss

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Soooo fun Kristie!!!

ivy said...

sometimes, other people's scraps are better than the ones we have, huh?
love the recycling of your jeans tag!

Vicky said...

I love all of these colors, Kristie! Great job!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.