May 21, 2009

Friend: Stamped Background

This week is quickly coming to a close and I am getting excited for the events coming this weekend.  Patrick is taking the boys camping, so I should get a lot of crafting done. I can't wait! I keep thinking I have been making a lot of cards lately but when it comes to posting, I feel there isn't a lot to choose from. Not quite sure why that is. Anyway here is my card for today:


I hand stamped the background using button stamps in clusters and then adding leaves to make them look like flowers. Then I just decided to stamp over them with a flower outline in Dark Chocolate to make them show up a bit more. This started out as an experimental stamping moment, but I liked it so much I decided to make it into a card!

Thats all for today. Quick and simple. Hope you have a good one! 
k

Deets:
Stamps: Gel-A-Tins Sewing Kit, Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages (flower outline), Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics, Floral Frenzy (leaves), Friends Til The End (sentiment)
Ink: Papertrey Ink Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise
Accessories: SU! Scallop Circle Punch, Marvy Circle Punch, Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise Twill Ribbon, Vintage Button. Martha Stewart Bakery Twine

7 comments:

Kristen H said...

I love how you made your own pattern with this wide variety of stamps. What a great look. The colors are gorgeous, and I really like the layout of this card.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card - I just love the colors you used and the fact that you stamped the background - wow!! I'm SO not a stamper, and I'm always fascinated with it!

Anonymous said...

what a greaat card, that really turned out terrific, I think you came up with a new technic "or however you spell it".

Have a superb weekend, enjoy your alone time and share, share, share, come monday.

Deanne said...

Wow Kristie! That background is awesome - it is really unique!

~amy~ said...

Kristie, this is fantabulous..the colors are perfection!

Natasha said...

Love it! The colors are great! what are you going to do with yourself for a WHOLE weekend when the boys are camping :-)

Vicky said...

oh my goodness!! I LOVE this patterned paper you created - I would TOTALLY buy this at my LSS :). Have a fabulous, crafty , all-about-you weekend!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.