May 5, 2009

Take-Off Tuesday # 24

My Serena and Lily catalog showed up in the mail yesterday just in time for TOT! There are a few new things in there that I found really fun. Here is today's picture. Some really hip wood grain and great colors:

Here is my take:
It's pretty straight forward to the inspiration. I used the wood grain stamp from Cosmo Cricket and stamped repeatedly for the background.  I loved the orange in the picture, but for some reason its really freaking me out on this card, or maybe it's the blue. I just can't tell.

Thank you for all your sweet and concerning comments yesterday for my little "Motrin Drinker." He really is fine although he napped really well (long and hard!) so maybe it did affect him some. Things are much calmer today. However, Ronin (4yr old) came into our room in the middle of the night. Since he is sick we put him in a makeshift bed on the floor. At some point he spilled the cup of water from the nightstand all over himself. So needless to say, he was crabby and awake, as was I. It's raining again today which always puts a damper on my spirits. It's taken me a while to get motivated this morning, and I am not sure that I am fully functioning yet. I venture to say I will only hit 70% productivity today. But at least that gives me room for improvement tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting today. You make me smile ; )
k

Deets:
Stamps: Rubber Soul "It's Your Day" (owl) & Animal Love (sentiment), Cosmo Cricket Happy Campers, Gel-A-Tins Super Star
Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Hero Arts Soft Pool, SU! Tangerine Tango, Close To Cocoa and Old Olive
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Stampers White. 
Accessories: Hemp, Pop Dots

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great card using the colours of the ad, you did a great job to get the right feeling.

hang in there tomorrow is another day, yea?

~amy~ said...

a-dorable Kristie!!!! lovin' that owl...I think I have it...hmmm...

AUsome mom said...

Kristie....this card, along with the others just below are just incredible! I LOVE that little orange owl! Hope everyone is feeling better and that your back to 95% or better tomorrow :)

Vicky said...

wow! this is a fantastic take-off on the inspiration pic! you knocked this one out of the park! i hear ya on the rain - i'm SO SICK of it!! here's to some sun tomorrow!

Kage said...

LOSER

Jeannie said...

You matched it perfectly! I luv those colors together too.

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Kristen H said...

What a great idea to use a catalogue as inspiration. I use Bazaar sometimes. The fashion pairings of colors are fun to look at. Or the texture of leathers, and wool or what not.
I forgot about doing this. I used it when I painted, not ever for cards. Thanks for the great idea/reminder!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.