Oct 7, 2009

365 Cards: Imagine This- Denim!

Ok, this challenge was a good time, I must say. Denim... how can you not like it?? I thought this was the perfect challenge for a pocket gift card holder:

I used some Shimmer Night Sky paper (PTI). The shimmer really gives it some faux texture which is something I wanted. I thought it would help with the 'denim' feel. I started by cutting my CS in half length wise at 4 1/4. Then I folded it at 5 1/2, just like a regular card would be. (with the crease on the top). Once you have this done, flip the card so the crease is on the bottom and it opens at the top. I then scored the front flap at 1 1/4  and then cut the point out.

Once I cut out my pocket I sewed it up with orange thread. You need to sew the front part of the pocket first before sewing it to the back or you will sew the entire thing shut! (ask me how I know). I used some eyelets and made myself a denim label for my sentiment by stamping on ribbon. I cut the back flap shorter (1" or less) so the size didn't compete visually with the front flap and then rounded the corners. 

I even found this gift card in my wallet! Too bad I am not 21, OR shaped anything like a 21 yr. old. There is no way this big belly will be fitting into anything sold in that store. Or even the front door, if you know what I mean. I wonder how I even got it! Maybe I can pick myself up some nice accessories...

Anyhoo, that's all for now! I can't wait to see where this challenge takes you. 
Thanks for stopping by!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Jet Black (StaZon)
Paper: Shimmer Night Sky (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Eyelets, Orange Spice Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink) Sewing Machine. Gift Card!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is great! LOVE everything about it!

CAR said...

You are too clever for words!!! Love the concept, but the execution is over the top.

~amy~ said...

Oh Kristie, you crack me up...love, love, love your giftie card holder!!!

Rose said...

fantastic!!! ok so how do you know to sew the front first??? LOL :0) sounds like something i would do!!

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful, and thanks for a great inspiration.

Gloria Stengel said...

This is FANTASTIC. Since I cannot sew...I am in awe of this card! Love it.

PS - does Forever 21 sell necklaces or something? LOL I don't have a pg belly...mine is a "real" belly...so that's not a store I can go into either. LOL

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I love the card. SO crafty!!! Remember when I told the salesgirl at Forever 21 where to shove it when she got mad at us for trying on clothes outside of the dressing room??? Such a great memory!

naomi chokr said...

it really does look like denim!!! great idea!!

Kathy C said...

SO so cute!! :)

4kids4 said...

Kristie, I haven't been by in a while, but I just have to send my congratulations!! Those names you picked out are very cool. I wish you the best...have a great pregnancy!! ~Sharon

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Super card, and the paper is just perfect for the look.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.