May 27, 2009

365 Cards: Cutting Cafe Pears!

Hey there, and Happy Wednesday to ya! Today we get to use another cute image from Cutting Cafe. The pears! The pears! OH, how I adore the pears!! The challenge from Pam today is to use pears and make an anniversary or engagement congrats card. So without further ado, today's card:

I decided to paper piece the pears. When you use fun papers it really takes these images up a notch.  I increased the size of the pears to 110%, printed the image on my cream cardstock, and then on two different patterned paper. I cut them out and popped up the separate pieces with dots. I added the PP in strips and let it do the work for me. The only additional stamp I used is that zigzag stitch to 'sew' together different strips. I also cut around the scallops in the paper to emphasize them.

Here is a close up of the piecing. I added some diamond stickles to the inside 'seeds' on the pear. They sure do sparkle! You know, my youngest brother is getting married this summer so I thought this would make a good engagement card, or even wedding card. (even though it's not in the brides colors ; ) That is why I added the 'best of luck' tag instead of a 'congrats' sentiment. You could go either way and have it legit (I think!) We are all so excited for them and we wish them all the best!

Have a great wednesday today! Thanks for stopping in and for taking time to share all your wonderful comments, I LOVE hearing from you!!
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Printable Stamps Fruit by Cutting Cafe, Sewing Kit by Gel-A-Tins, Faux Ribbon by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ocean Tides
Paper: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides by Papertrey Ink, Dutch Girl by Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Vintage Buttons by Papertrey Ink, Satin Ribbon by Tai Pan, twine, corner rounder, pop dots, Diamond Stickles



8 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

Is this ever cute! Love, love, love those pears!

Vicky said...

Kristie - this is AMAZING!!! Seriously, this is just stunningly beautiful. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!
The paper piecing is so pretty - I wouldn't have thought to use "non-pear" colors/patterns, but my eyes have been opened now - this ROCKS!

Rose said...

Kristie this is beautiful!! *never even thought of printing stamps on DP!! (old age?? lol) now i will be sure to use my digi stamps more often as i dont color very well!

~Tammy~ said...

Absolutely stunning Kristie! I lov it!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, what a greaaaat job I just love all the details that you put into it, another great inspirational card, thanks for sharing all the info on it with us.

Sophie said...

Absolutely fabulous ! I love love love your card !

~amy~ said...

OhMyGoodness...this is absolutely magnificent Kristie!!!

Jeannie said...

The most pear-fect engagement card I've ever seen!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.