May 14, 2009

CPS #115

Here is this weeks CPS Sketch. So basic but the possibilities are ENDLESS! 

Here is my card for today:

I wanted to get a bit 'scrappy' with it. I am trying to explore different styles and wanted to stack some stuff on my card. No clean and simple for me today! I embossed the white polkadots on the background. Cut up some more Urban Prairie papers (thanks again Sherry!). Stamped the bottom scallop image (comes with stamp set). Layered two ribbons, layered my dolls, flowers, gems and added my scalloped circle. Plus I used the scraps from a nestabilitie for the bigger circle.
Here is a close up of my cutie dolls. This set reminds me of my MIL because she spent some time in Russia. I received my first Matrushka set from her. Ahhh, sweet memories. I colored these with some pencils to give them a color boost, but kept them monochromatic.

All in all, such a fun card to make. It took me all night because I stopped to watch a movie with the husb. half way through. It's finally thursday, and for some reason I feel the week is dragging, but then also going really fast. I think its all a matter of what time of day it is. The mornings rush by and the afternoons drag since the kids can hardly wait until Daddy comes home from work. Thats when the day gets really fun!  And you can only send them outside with popsicles so many times. But at least the weather is fantastic!!

Ok, have a good one today. Thanks for visiting me! I love to hear from you, so drop me a comment if you have time. 
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Hero Arts Matrushka Dolls. Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Old Olive. Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy. Hero Arts Soft Pool
Paper: Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush, Stampers White, Spring Moss. Basic Grey Urban Prairie. Michael's Soft Blue
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Hibiscus Burst Satin, Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain. Prima Flowers, K&Co. Gems, SU! Scallop Punch, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, pop dots


10 comments:

ivy said...

such great use of the scraps! love all the cluster of pinks!

Heather said...

Once again, I love this card!

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, I love how you used diffrent scraps, and the leftover of a nestabilities, the card is fantastic. hang in there the week is almost over.

~amy~ said...

Kristie...I LOVE it!!!

Natasha said...

I love those little Russian doll stamps! I need to gets me some!

Vicky said...

love the colors, kristie!! this is just gorgeous!

Pamela said...

Beautiful!!!

Jeannie said...

OMG I can't believe you used the scrap from a scalloped punch and it looks like this!! Ingenius my friend - ingenius!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love this. Glad to see you could put some of those scraps to good use.

Sherry

Rosemary said...

I love all the pieces that came together to make this card - and I have that stamp set - now I have an idea of how to incorporate it! You make absolutely gorgeous cards!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.