May 23, 2009

My Stamping Weekend

Well, the kids (and husb.) are finally gone. It's been a busy day full of preparations. I have some guests coming tonight, so I pulled out my stamping table...
A few of my stamping friends and I decided we really wanted to go on a stamping retreat. But no one has the pocket money for it. So we decided we would have a mini-retreat at my house this weekend. Two friends are kidnapping a third friend who will be moving away from us next month. We wanted one last chance to get together, but this time with NO kids.... it's going to be delightful. I am so surprised that none of us have spilled the secret of 'the kidnapping'. I am horrible when it comes to that, so its a good thing I don't live close to them. I hope this is a memorable night for all of us, but especially our one special friend who will be moving on. We love her so much and will miss her terribly. I have a fondue pot heating up, pound cake and fruit cut and I pulled together a bit of a 'stampers retreat' goodie bag:
I made these pinwheel stick thingys, and let me just say, I cannot keep them put together. I tried runners tape and glue dots. They just keep falling apart. Hopefully they will stay together long enough for them to squeal just a little bit.
Inside I put some ribbon, clear stamps, embellishments and a little notebook with their monogram on it in this cute bucket from Target. I was short on time so I got something already decorated. These flowers matched the ones in the Floral Frenzy set perfectly. I curved the sentiment "just for you" around the flower on the red paper.

My fridge is stocked and I have cards planned in my head. Should be a great weekend. The best part is I don't ever worry about my kids when they are with my DH. They are in great hands (if not better than mine) and so I know we will ALL have a great weekend!

Hope yours is wonderful as well. I will post pictures when I get them. 
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Floral Frenzy and Around & About SEntiments by PTI. Modern Alphabet by Amy Butler
Ink: Cyan by Color Box Chalk, Pure Poppy by PTI, Basic Black by SU!
Paper: Patterend by AC, Pure Poppy and White by PTI
Accessories: PTI Ribbon, Bamboo skewers, glue dots (lots and lots!)

8 comments:

Deanne said...

I am so jealous! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Have the bestest time ever, it sounds like a hoot, and please do a few shots for us to see on Monday.

HAVE A BLAST

Vicky said...

sounds like a great time is planned! have a super FUN weekend with the girlies!

Rose said...

WOW what a fantastic time you all are going to have!! ENJOY :D I have left you an award on my blog as you are always so sweet to comment on my cards :D

~amy~ said...

Oh Kristie, it sounds absolutely divine!!! You lucky ladies!!! Have loads and loads of fun sista!

cecily said...

so fun... I'd love to get in on a Kristie exclusive stamping retreat!!

PS did you refinish those chairs?? I don't remember seeing them at your house.

Ann said...

So cute and fun! Hope you had a fab time!

Heather said...

sniff. Sad I missed it.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.