May 19, 2009

A Very Special Delivery!

Hey there, Happy Tuesday to ya! You know, I have been thinking.... yes, dangerous I know. But I have decided to temporarily put Take-Off Tuesday on hold. There are a lot of things that I have been working on as far as crafting is concerned, and I am finding that TOT gets put to the back burner and then causes me a bit of stress. And you know I started this to release stress, not add it! Now don't worry I will still have a card every tuesday (and everyday for that matter), you will just find that it won't necessarily be a take-off of any kind. But if I feel so inclined to add one on any given tuesday, I will be sure to note it as such.

So without further ado, I bring you today's "non-take-off tuesday" card. It's based off of the challenge over at 365 Cards, which is to use plaid as your inspiration! Here she is:

The plaid lines are hand stamped using Pacific Point, New Leaf and Fresh Snow. I embossed the dashed lines with white powder. Here is a close-up:
These plaid lines were so fun to make. I paper pieced the onesie and used a new EK Success tab punch for the matted layer. I am hoping this card gets to go to our sister-in-law who just announced they are having their first baby in the fall. Of course if its a girl, I am sure I could figure something else out ; ) Congrats to them and Good Luck!!

That's all for today. See you tomorrow at 365 Cards. It's my official day! And don't you worry... the challenge is all that and a bag of chips! Also, prepare yourselves for our entire week of Cutting Cafe images starting Sunday. They are super fun and I think you will love them!
loves~
k

Deets: (all Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Stamps: Faux Ribbon, Bitty Baby Blessings
Ink: New Leaf, Fresh Snow. SU! Pacific Point, Basic Black
Paper: Old Avocado, Lemon Tart, Stampers White, Bitty Dot Patterned Paper. SU! Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Marvy Circle Punch, EK Success Tab Punch, Pop Dots, Embroidery Floss, Filigree White embossing Powder

13 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely is this Kristie? Your plaid looks amazing. Really lovely card.
Hugs
Michelle

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Fab card Kristie I love your handmade plaid. That onsie is adorable. Great job with this challenge. I look forward to your challenge tomorrow.

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Ahhh, such a cute card. Luv how you've done the plaid pattern too.

~Tammy~ said...

Wowzers Kristie I love you card! That plaid rocks my world, I can't believe you stamped it! It is sooooo perfect! Thanks for playing along today, I really need to find some extra time to play along other days too. HUGS

~amy~ said...

woot woot Kristie!!! Lovin' your plaid masterpiece! Oh-so-a-dorable!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Krissie, this is absolutely adorable and how talented are you to creat your own plaid.

Sherry

Fi said...

Kristie, beautiful card, love your colour combo and design.
Hugs
Fi

Vicky said...

So cute, Kristie!!

Jeannie said...

You quite simply amaze me girl!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Kristie, this is just wonderful, so amazing, you really are inspirational, thanks for sharing all you did on the card, great great.

And you are right, we all have enough stress, out blogs shouldn't make us feel stress or anxiety, so no worries.

Karen Lee said...

So very cute!!!

hugs, Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Amazing card Kristie! All that stamping? And it is SO perfect!! Great job :)

Rose said...

AWESOME!!! never would have guessed that you stamped the plaid, its perfect!! luv the onesie :D


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.