May 30, 2009

365 Cards: Cutting Cafe Strawberry!

Well peeps, it has finally come. The very last day of our Cutting Cafe Week. Oh what a week it has been! I am really sad that it is over and that this is my last card to show, because honestly it feels like a bit of a downer. Wish it looked a bit better or was more interesting, but alas, it's all I got:

I paper pieced the strawberry and added yet more stickles. I outlined the pieces with a marker to add a bit of pop. The rest is self-explanatory ; )   The challenge for today is to put the image front and center with the white all around, so it didn't leave much more for me to do!

ok. so today, I am off to the Brooklyn Bridge to watch a friend get married, or arrested...whichever comes first. We are pretty sure it is illegal so we might have to make a run for it. (I just hope its not cops with horses ; ) You know, sometimes you have those kind of friends that just don't care. It should prove to be a good time and I am really happy I have been working on my running abilities as of late. They just might come in handy! I will fill you in if anything ca-Razzzy happens.

Thank you for checking in with me! I so look forward to your visits and comments. You make this so fun! I have been enjoying seeing what you have been working on this week as well. It's always inspiring!

Have a great weekend!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Printable Stamps Fruits by Cutting Cafe
Paper: Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream by Papertrey Ink, Berry Sweet by K&Co
Accessories: Earth Element Markers by SU!, Adhesive Gems by K&Co. Stickles, Corner Rounder

5 comments:

Natasha said...

I really like the white space on this one!

What a fun idea, to be married on the Brooklyn Bridge!

Carla said...

Don't be disappointed with this one! It's sweet as...strawberries!!! Don't feel bad, either. You should see the poor, abused monstrosity that's sitting on my desk right now. I was never satisfied with it and could not leave it alone! It's a big, overdone, disaster!!

Vicky said...

Kristie this is just too cute! Love the DP you used for the berry - perfect & FUN! Speaking of fun...have fun at the wedding - it's a gorgeous day for one! I'm trying to imagine how to have a wedding on the brooklyn bridge and I can't! Sounds like it will definitely be one to remember!

~amy~ said...

I think this is absolutely retro ravishing :) adorable job!!!

I was wondering what vicky's comment on your card today was about regarding the brooklyn bridge {I'm obviously trying to catch up on my google reader...I have a love/hate dealio with it}...anywho's....what happened? married or arrested?

Anonymous said...

great card, wonderful job.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.