May 12, 2009

Caardvarks Quote Challenge

We are going to start off light this morning. I had a real hard time with this challenge from Caardvarks. The challenge is to use a quote or verse as the focal point. I can tell this was the first creative moment of the day because it's always tough getting going.

I used my background stamp from Stampers Anonymous which I haven't used it in a loooong time. Then stamped my brackets and quote over it. I wonder though, is it an actual quote if no one knows who said it??? Well, this really is just a warm up for today. Check back in a bit and I will have a second card to show you and hopefully you will find it a bit more interesting to look at. 
Thanks for checking in this morning.... see you again!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Papertrey Ink Wise Old Owl (sentiment) Pink Paislee Fancy Frames (brackets)
Ink: Papertrey Ink New Leaf, Lemon Tart. SU! Not Quite Navy
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Linen Vellum. SU! Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Hero Arts gems, Distressing Tool

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

FAB card Kristie, I really love that quote...

Maz said...

Thats a very true sentiment and one maybe we should all live by a bit more, I love the card, very creative
maz

Vicky said...

Wow - fabulous card, Kristie!! Very serene and peaceful which goes along with the sentiment perfectly!

SmilynStef said...

What a cool card ... I love the soft stamped background in contrast with the bolder sentiment ... and those parentheses are perfect.

lauren bergold said...

this is FABULOUS! i love that super light but wonderfully detailed background stamp...and the brackets...and of course the quote! (wow--you are brave to stamp three layers!)

you've raised a great question about whether it's a quote when we don't know WHOM we are quoting...also...isn't it interesting that in those circumstances we still scrupulously give it the attribution of "UNKNOWN"??!?! :) you've made me smile AND ponder this morning!!!

Lucy Abrams said...

Great card - love the simplicity and elegance.

Unknown said...

Clean simple and beautiful! I love the distressed edges!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.