May 1, 2009

It's Friday!

Hey there! I have been quite out of it this week. All because of one thing: ALLERGIES!  I get them every year for a few weeks, and even though I know they are coming, they sneak up on me nonetheless and knock me off my feet. Last night I was making up a few cards for 365 and it took me SOoooo long because my brain just wasn't working and my eyes felt like they had sand in them. I finally got to bed and today I feel much better (also its raining so that helps!) I haven't done much crafting this week because of it so I thought I would post some cards I did awhile back. These are the two cards I made to apply for the 2S4Y design team. The submission date has past, so I feel it's safe to post them:
They were both based off of sketches. Here is my birdie in his tree. I just LOVE that cloud paper from the K&Co Citronella line. So many bright and fun colors in this pack! See those little buttons? My mom picked those up one day when she was out and was so excited to send them to me. We have a bit of a button thing, she and I. She keeps sending me buttons and I keep using them!
Here is my second one. I used the Cosmo Cricket stamp set Happy Campers. This sketch seriously stumped me. I am still not too happy with my design choice, but it's mine regardless!

I was hoping to spend all my time planting in the yard today, but the rain has seriously altered that plan.  It's always when I plan something or forget to bring the toys inside that the rain decides to make an appearance. I guess that's spring for ya! And tomorrow is the big running day. Again I just hope to make it through. Between being out of shape and my allergies; a run through Central Park probably isn't going to be much fun. But it's for a good cause!! 

That's it for today my friends. I hope you have a great friday and a wonderful weekend!
loves
k

Deets: "Cheer Up ButterCup"
Stamps: Pink Paislee Vintage Pop (bird), Rubber Soul "It's Your Day" (tree branch), Papertrey Ink Scattered Showers (sentiment)
Ink: SU! Basic Black and Close To Cocoa
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stampers White, Lemon Tart, K&Co. Citronella PP
Accessories: Papertrey Ink New Leaf Grosgrain, Mini Buttons, Embroidery Floss, corner rounder, pop dots


Deets: "Happy Campers"
Stamps: Cosmo Cricket Happy Campers
Ink: Color Box Green Moss Chalk Ink, Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate
Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Cocolate, Vintage Cream, Kraft.  Cork Board Sheet
Accessories: Jump Rings (jewelry chain) SU! Earth Element Markers, Raffia, Eyelets

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

Very cute cards. They are both adorable. I love how you used the cork.

I can relate to your allergy issues. I'm battling the same here. They really can knock you off your game, and they sure have knocked me out!

Have a great weekend and run!

ivy said...

i love the bird card! i will have to try the way you made the leaves out of ribbon! very nice!

i ran cross country & track competitively ever since the 8th grade throughout college! i loved it then.i haven't really had the time to go running since the boys (we run after them in other ways...) you remind me i should start up again. hope your allergies clear up! --ivy

Jeannie said...

What you did with that ribbon on the cheer up buttercup card is amazing! Simply wonderful!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

~amy~ said...

Oh Kristie....I LOVE both of your cards...sooooooo creative and fun!!

Vicky said...

Krisite!!!! I LOVE the tree branch on your first card!! The ribbon for the leaves is just brilliant! The second card is really cute too...love how you made it look like the left side broke off from the sign. cute, cute, cute!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.