May 3, 2009

365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!! #8

Hey there! It's Sunday again and you know what that means...Sketch Time, 365 Cards Style! Here is today's sketch:
Pretty straight forward but with SO many possibilities. (and trust me, it is a fun one!) Here is my take:
I used this cute cherry image from Pink Paislee and some fun mini dot paper. I just love it! Ok, so I made these cards a few night ago when I was having some allergy issues and was OH so tired. What is funny is this cherry card is the second card I made. This one here is the first card I made:
Notice anything about it???? Yes, you are right... it is exactly BACKWARD of the sketch. I was trying to put it together like the sketch and it just looked wrong, so I moved some things around and when I stopped it felt more right, but that is when I noticed it was backward. Boy, I think my meds were messing with me! So that is when I made up the second one. It's funny what our brains can do!  

With this card, I sponged versa mark over the entire sentiment frame and embossed it clear to give it a nice shiny coat. There is some glitter on there too. This poor card is just not that fun to look at so I am glad I made a second one.

Anyway, that's it for today. Can't wait to see what you create! Head on over to 365 Cards to see what the other DT members have created (the highlight of my sunday!) and also to link up your creations. Remember to link to your EXACT post (not just your blog URL) so we can find your card quick. Have a fun and inspiring day!
loves
k

Deets: "You're So Thoughtful"
Stamps: Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages, Pink Paislee Sweet Cakes (frame & cherry)
Ink: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, New Leaf, StaZon Jet Black
Paper: Papertrey Ink True Black, Spring Moss, Bitty Dot Pattern Paper
Accessories: Papertrey Ink New Leaf Grosgrain, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Embossing Powder

Deets: "Thank You"
Stamps: Hero Arts Matrushka Dolls, Pink Paislee Fancy Frames
Ink: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, SU! Basic Black
Paper: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Stampers White, Lemon Tart, Cosmo Cricket Hello Sunshine Patterned Paper
Accessories: Papertrey Ink True Black Vintage Buttons and Twill Ribbon, Embossing Powder

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Love the ribbon treatment on the first one!

~Tammy~ said...

Both cards are awsome Kristie! Lovin that ribbon on the cherry card though!

Vicky said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love how you did the ribbon on the first card - that is so cool!! And the Russian doll on the 2nd card is adorable. Hope you're doing okay after yesterday's race!!

Ann said...

Love 'em both! The cherry one is my fave--love the ribbon!

~amy~ said...

Lovin' both of your cards Kristie...you are certainly rockin' the ribbon on the 1st one!

linzi said...

I love that Matrushka doll! How did you do that?

Alecia Wolfford said...

Fabulous cards as always Kristie, love them!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.