May 5, 2009

Mother's Day Card & Spring Fling Challenge!

Oh boy, has it ever been a Monday!! Today we woke up to a 4yr old with a fever and sore throat (no, it's not the swine flu ; ) and a 2 yr old who drank a 1/4 bottle of children's Motrin that mom forgot to put away. I asked him if he drank it. He said no. I called poison control anyway. Apparently its not enough to worry about, which I find reliving, but also odd. I mean it was 1/4 a bottle! Anyway. Next week is Mother's Day so I am getting moving on my gifts this week. Today's challenge at 365 Cards is a Mother's Day card, which was the perfect way to get started. I used some spring inspiration from Lisa at Poppy Paperie. Here is my card:

I used some Bitty Dot Paper and Heart Prints stamp set to make a big flower. I curled up the ends to help with the illusion of a flower. Added a PTI button threaded with a strip of leftover polka dot paper and Voila!

Here is the inside. I used the Mother's Day Set which says just about everything you would want for your mother. This card will be going to my mother in law. I have a little gift I am going to make up too, but I have to run out the door right now. I hope to post it later this week. She actually showed me my first Paper Crafts Magazine, so I owe this woman a lot. I have to remind Patrick that its his mother's fault that all his money is spent on crafts ; ) She is a wonderful loving mother and grandmother and I am so blessed to have her in my life. Happy Mother's Day to her!

have a great monday!! 
loves
k

Deets: All Items Papertrey Ink unless noted
Stamps: Heart Prints and Mother stamp sets
Ink: Pure Poppy, SU! Basic Black
Paper: Bitty Dot Patterned Paper, Pure Poppy and Stampers Select Card stock
Accessories: Vintage Button

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Super pretty! Love your colors together!

Vicky said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card, Kristie!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is very pretty. I love that Mother stamp! Must have it! I was LOL about your dc drinking the motrin. Kids! But really? 1/4 bottle is no biggie?! Very odd. I worry about giving mine even a tiny bit more than the recommendation!

Maz said...

Sounds like you have had a hectic day!
I love the card especially the spotty paper
Hope your little one is better soon
Maz

Dana said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day card!! Love the polka dotted strips and how you put the flower together!

Fi said...

Beautiful card Kristie, love the design and the flowers.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kristie. So simple but soooooo striking!!! Hope your baby is okay Kristie. My little two yr old grandson had a temp yesterday of 40 degrees celsius, which is not good. Rushed him off to the drs and it is a virus!! Hate that.
Hugs
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, and well done after such a crazy start to the day. yikes

Rose said...

beautiful card and love the wording on the inside. so glad your son is ok. :D

Dana Gustafson said...

I love how your card shows off the Mother stamp. Now I'm totally sorry I don't have this one!

Pam said...

Stunning card, Kristie - I love that ginormous flower! And yikes - it sounds like you had quite the adventure this morning. I hope things have quieted down for you :)

Karen Lee said...

I love the simplicity! Beautiful card!

hugs, Karen Lee

~amy~ said...

Kristie, love your card...love your style :) sheesh, you went through quite the adventure...hang in there...

AUsome mom said...

WOW Kristie! This is just stunning! I love that Mother stamp on the front. It is just divine!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.