May 10, 2009

365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!!

It's Sunday Sunday Sunday!!! Welcome again for a 365 Cards Sketch.  Here is today's sketch:


 And here is my card:
I rotated it for fun. Stamped some background stuffs (yes, I have deemed that a REAL word) and added some scalloped chipboard and ribbon. Now there is always a favorite part of every card for me. With this one it's that little buckle. You see it? It is actually a REAL buckle from my fav. pair of shoes that just took their last walk. They were lime green flats and so much fun. I cut off both buckles because I just knew I could do something with them. It adds a fun detail! Although I don't recommend chopping up your shoes until they are really dead and gone. ; )

So that is it today. Have a wonderful Mother's Day to you all! Whether you are a mother or not, I believe today celebrates all women who love and mother in their very own way. We can all be good influences on those children (and adults) around us. So happy day to you!
love
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Scattered Showers, Background Basics: Retro
Ink: Hero Arts Soft Pool, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, SU! Basic Black
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stampers White, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist Saddle Stitch, Summer Sunrise Twill, Buckle, Pop Dots

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Wonderful card, Kristie! I have this set, but haven't used it yet!! I think that's a sign I'm ordering too many PTI sets when I can't use them all! I love how you used the buckle from your shoe - very clever and resourceful! Happy Mother's day!

Rose said...

fantastic take on the sketch! love the colors and how you turnned the sketch around :D

Anonymous said...

great card, just adorable, and have a great Mothers Day

Jeannie said...

Great way to use that buckle!
Adorable card!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.