Apr 30, 2009

365 Cards: 'Leaf' it Up to Me!

Here is my card for today's 365 Cards Challenge: "Leaf" it up to me!  This challenge requires that you use at least ONE leaf (real or image) on your card. I chose to do a few leaves:

I stamped my center leaf image in black and then embossed it clear. Then I used my second leaf image in Vintage Cream and sprayed it with water before stamping. I realize this technique works better with colors and watercolor paper, but I wanted to see what would happen. Then I wiped my black leaves clean to bring it out a bit. I used some silver ink for the sentiment frame and embossed it, the sentiment and the little dragon fly. (I wanted to squeeze in a hint of Tuesday's Challenge: Miss You Sentiment)
Here is a close up of the leather cord and button. And that is all she wrote! Hope you are having a swell Thursday. I am constantly surprised at how fast the weeks go by. Soon the weekend will be here and I will be running a 5k! EEK!  Wish me luck, cause baby I am gonna need it!

Thanks for stopping by today!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Natures Silhouettes CHF, Fancy Frames Pink Paislee
Ink: Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, StaZon Jet Black, Encore Silver, Hero Arts Soft Pool
Paper: Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, True Black
Accessories: Leather Cord, Papertrey Ink Black Button, Clear Embossing Powder

13 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

Very elegant and creative. And combining 2 challenges...nice job.

~amy~ said...

absolutely elegantly gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Good Luck on the 5K!! I could never do that!!

I LOVE LOVE the leather cord! That is too cool! Also, this card would be a wonderful sympathy card. Great job!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful elegant card Kristie. I will have to try that technique. I have plenty of watercolour paper having done a watercolour course years ago.
Regards
Michelle

Vicky said...

kristie, this is so elegant and stunning - just gorgeous!! good luck in the 5k this weekend!!

Rose said...

Fantastic card!! I love how the water technique looks.

scrapperjulia said...

This is just gorgeous, love that technique!

Maz said...

Just perfect for this challenge, good luck with the 5K, I couldnt do it
maz

Fi said...

Very elegant card Kristie, love the way you did your stamping, very creative.
Hugs
Fi

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh Kristie this card is extreme elegance I love it all. Great job with this challenge.

Ann said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing!

Jana said...

Very elegant card. Love the embossed leaf and the fiber wrapped around.

Rosemary said...

I hope you did well on the 5K - good for you!

This a very sophisticated card, and a completely different take than I expected. I love it though!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.