Oct 4, 2009

PTI WCMD Challenge #2: Mexico

This challenge is to create a card inspired by anything Mexico (uh, except the velvet paintings of Elvis... please!)  Here is my card for challenge #2:
Inspired by all those crazy colors you can find there. Mexico has got to be one of my favorite places on this planet. Thats a little tid-bit you may not know about me. I love it there. The ocean, scuba diving, the food, the siestas and lets not forget the soda! There is extra sugar in those glass jars my friends, and it is SOOOO good!

Ok. Onto this card. I used guidelines (uh, it was Nicole's idea) and added some Background Basics: Retro lines to go around the tiles. A little trim cut with some decor scissors, a simple sentiment and a fun button/ribbon combo. OH! and lets not forget a rhinestone people. There is some bling in Mexico. You just have to know where to look ; )

Thanks for stopping by. One more challenge card left and then I'm going to eat ice cream!
k

Deets: All Papertrey Ink unless Noted
Stamps: Guide Lines, Background Basics: Retro, Birds of a Feather (sentiment)
Ink: Jet Black (StaZon), Summer Sun, Pacific Point (SU!)
Paper: Stampers White, Enchanted Evening
Accessories: Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon, Enchanted Evening Vintage Button. Decorative Scissors (Provo Craft)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great take on this theme. Love the tile work!

Melisa H

Cheryl said...

I LOVE the stripes in between the Guide Lines images! Great idea. I also love the colors. Beautiful card.

Nancy L. said...

really pretty!

Marisa G said...

This is very pretty! Love the design, and your use of the Guide Lines set with the stripes as borders. Great job on the challenge.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I really like your use of retro and guidelines. Fabulous job on the Mexico challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jessica said...

I love this card!! Love how you used Guide Lines set and the colors look great :)

Rybiooka said...

Very nice colors, beautiful piece of

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the colors and the pattern you created! FAB!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.