Oct 15, 2009

CPS-137: A Scandinavian Christmas

Hey! Today's card is based off the sketch from CPS. CPS 137 to be exact. (and you know how I like to be exact, don't you ; )
I am feeling the Christmas itch people! I have this Pink Persimmon set of deer silhouettes. I couldn't stop thinking of my 'deer' Christmas friend, Rudolph. So I made him a card:
The deer silhouette comes from one set. The outline is another set and the sentiment is yet another set! You can find them all HERE. Go ahead. Pick yourself up one or more, I'll wait..... They certainly are fun!  

I double cut my scallop circle so I could overlap them and make a fancy circle medallion thing-y. (the official kristie term...) I thought the tree image in the silhouette set reminded me of some of the Scandinavian fabrics and designs you can find at Ikea. I think I even have some Christmas decorations from last year that reminded me of it, which is why I chose the color combo and design for this one. PLUS my DH's family line is Scandinavian (waaaaay back) so I thought it only appropriate. Am I crazy or does it look Scandinavian to you too? Ok, maybe I'm crazy ; )

How is your week turning out?? DH left town again today for the weekend. Sheesh, I hope I can get a lot done. Last time he was gone I really had high hopes and definitely under performed. I hope to do better this time. I have some new stamp sets to use (oh, you can't wait... trust me!) and some submissions and of course challenges to keep me busy! I hope you have a glorious Thursday! I think I have cinnamon roll in my near future and I wish at LEAST that much for you too today. Thanks for visiting!

k

Deets:

Stamps: Oh Deer! Silhouettes, Oh Deer! Outline, Little Christmas Cottage; Sentiment (Pink Persimmon)
Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink) Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (SU!) Graphite Black, (Brilliance)
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White, Bitty Dot PP (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Vintage Button, Jute Twine, Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink) Scallop Border Punch (SU!), Glitter (From Stash), Nestabilities Scallop Circle and Classic Circle Die Cuts (Spellbinders)

5 comments:

Patti J. said...

Cute card! Love those bright and cheery colors! Hope your weekend is very productive!

~amy~ said...

excellent Kristie...I love your choice of colors and papers!!

Anonymous said...

Super pretty card, just lovely!!!!

Nicki (CSS) said...

How cute - love the red nose reindeer!

Kelly S. said...

Oh no, another for the wish list, Kristie! Rudolph is looking spectacular on this card!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.