Oct 4, 2009

PTI WCMD Challenge #1: Japan

Woah. Did you get that title?? This is a Papertrey Ink challenge they are doing for World Card Making Day. The first challenge is to make a card inspired by either the colors, design or themes that are prominent in Japanese Culture. 
Here is my card:
I wanted a simple and clean layout. I chose the flowers/branch combo. It seemed Zen-like to me. It reminds me of the delicate flowers they have. I used red (a japanese color... to me) and a simple sentiment. I was hoping I had a nice Japanese style poem in my stash, but I don't. But I thought this went well enough. 

This is challenge number 1. stay tuned for the other two. And what's at stake you ask?? Only a boat load of PTI goodies. So go on. Check it out and take the challenge!
Thanks for stopping by. WCMD isn't over yet, many more crafting moments left!

loves
k

Deets: All Papertrey Ink unless noted:
Stamps: Out On a Limb Revised, Out on a limb sentiments
Ink: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush. Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Paper: Stampers White, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Glitter (From Stash) Sewing machine. Score Pal

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love this one! Nice simple lines. Very Japanese to me. Beautiful colors. Restful and artistic. G in Utah

Carmen (guatelicia on SCS) said...

This is a very beautiful card! Great job!

Marisa G said...

This is very pretty. Great job with the challenge!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Adorable colors and shimmer. Great take on the Japan challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jessica said...

Very pretty card great color too :)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.