Jun 8, 2008

Craft Alert!! Amy Rysavy Friday Sketch #20

patrick is gone this weekend, so what else would I be doing??


This is Amy Rysavy's Friday Sketch #20. This is my second sketch challenge ever, and it WAS a challenge for me. I started out excited because I liked the patterned paper, but when the card was finished I wasn't as thrilled with the results. I did learn a few things though, which is always good. If I could do it again, there would definitely be some changes. (Hopefully you can see the card ok through these pics.)  
I cut a hole out of the rocket so you could see to the inside. This was for two reasons. It helped the overall look to take out some of the stark white that was overshadowing the rest of the design. Plus I stamped "SO" with  the intention of it being used both for the inside and outside sentiment. The outside sentiment says "It's your birthday".
















And on the inside I stamped "so rock-et"...you know as in "rock it!" Rock your birthday! My own little pun! Well last night I thought it was hilarious. But now that I've had some sleep I'm thinking it might be a bit dorky and hard to tell what's going on. That's my brain for ya! I added a strip of DP on the inside with a little rocket punchout embellishment that came in my scrap pack. The inside sentiment is stamped closer to the right edge so I added the strip of DP to help balance it out. Then I added the rocket to help the reader get the pun. Do you get it?? 




Whew! this was fun! Now I wonder who needs to "Rock-et" on their birthday!?











Deets:
Stamps: Rocket: (doodle factory urban set), Simple Alphabet (PTI), "Birthday" from Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: K&Company Kazoo Kids Scrap Pad to go,
Ink: SU! Basic Black
Accessories: SU! Markers, Black Brads, Scallop Circle & Rocket Paper Embellishments (Kazoo Kids Scrap Pad)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.