Apr 18, 2009

365 Cards Score-It Week: Accordion Card

My card for todays 365 Card Score-It challenge is an accordion zig zag card. It creates a really fun result. It's not technically my day to share a tut, but I thought some of you might be interested so I put together a few shots. Here is how you do it!

Step 1: Measure your standard size card stock to 3 inches on the top and 5.5 on the bottom. Using a ruler and craft knife, cut from the first mark to the second. Resulting in a diagonal through your paper.Step 2:  Trim your card stock down to 10.5 inches (cutting off 1/2 inch from one side. I cut off my small side)
Step 3: Score at 3.5 and 7 inches.
Step 4: Fold on the score lines to make a valley fold and mountain fold. This is what your cardstock will look like. 
Step 5: Design as desired.

Here is my final card from the front. I stamped the flowers in two colors and added A LOT of stitching (this baby took some time to put together ; )I drew the stems and leaves with a pencil before piercing them and then erased the pencil marks before stitching. I also added stitching and a loose french knot to each flower head.Here is the card fully open. You can see why this took so long! I sponged the edges of the card with some white ink.Here is a little detail of the sentiment. I learned a few things making this card. If you plan on stitching, I advise to do it on panels and then adhere the panels to the actual card base. 
I had to adhere CS to the back side to hide the stitching. But this also gives me a good surface to write a message but it does add bulk and maybe doesn't look so nice ; )

Anyway, that's it for today! Hope you have fun making your own accordion card! They are so fun to make and a delight to open. Make sure you link up your own creation to 365 Cards before this week is out to be entered to win your very own Score-It Mini!

And stop by HERE (by noon on Sunday) and post a comment to win some bloggy candies...

Thanks for stopping by!
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Garden of Life (flower), Green Thumb (sentiment)
Ink: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy and Berry Sorbet, SU! Dark Chocolate and Ruby Red Marker
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Stampers White
Accessories: Embroidery floss, Button, Pop Dots

17 comments:

Vicky said...

Kristie, this is SOOOOOO pretty! I love this!! those flowers just pop right off there - love those colors!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, and I left you something on my blog

stampin along the way said...

WOW! Great card! As soon as I seen this card I knew I would need to make one myself. Thank you for the inspiration!

Maz said...

Thats a great idea, love the stitching and the colours, I will save the instructions for this one
Maz

Gloria Stengel said...

THUD! All that stitching! Girl...you are a wonder!

AUsome mom said...

Hi Kristie!! I've missed you this week! Girl, this card is 'ausome'. I love all the creations you've made this week! I've left you something on my blog, so come on over and pick it up. I'll be back at 365 tomorrow. Hugs...

Cher said...

aww...How pretty Kristie! I haven't posted here in ages, just busy and on and off the puter but I have caught up now! Ty for sharing...and btw...Beth is doing great! Cher

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

WoWzers! This is sooo pretty! I love those flowers!
Thank you so much for the tutorial :) {{hugs}}, margie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card.. and the way you did the flowers! It doesn't hurt that it's my favorite color, either. lol

Swedie

~Tammy~ said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one kristie! Lots of work and it paid off . . . Stunning!

~amy~ said...

SWEET mother of Pearl Kristie...this is beyond fabulous!!!

Jana said...

Awesome card. Love that you stitched all the stems. Very, very pretty.

Maz said...

Kristie I have left a little something for you on my blog
Maz

Unknown said...

Gosh Kristie your card is beautiful. The handstitching is fantastic, it really sets the card off in a spectacular way.
Regards
Michelle M

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO stunning! TOO funny we were piercing and stitching flower stems at the same time. I love the shape to yours madly! And that great fold. Thank you so much for sharing how to do it! :O)

Sandy said...

Super cool card!! I love it!! especially with all the flowers!

Nancy Sanders said...

Kristie, I love this card. Thank you so much for the visual tutorial on how to make it I am a visual learner and without the pictures I could not have been able to make it. I have now made the folded base and now I want to find a challenge to use it. Thanks for your creativity and for sharing.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.