Apr 24, 2009

Friday's Gifty~

I have some people I need to visit in the next week. And since it is FINALLY spring, I thought I would take a little spring in a pot! I picked up these 3" terra cotta pots from Michael's and covered them with decoupage and paper. 

I have this plant you see. It's a Wandering Jew. This plant is actually a clipping off of a clipping of the original plant. These little ones I just put in are clippings from my clipping... are you following??? Actually this is like the 5 or 6th clipping I have taken from my ONE plant. They grow so well and are just SO lovely. I actually have a hard time throwing any of it out, so I put it in water, wait till it regenerates its roots and re-plant it. I have pawned it off on SO many people and will continue to do so. But at least this time it looks pretty ; )
I dug out my bamboo skewers (they were being used!) and attached it to a little medallion that I stuck in the dirt. Just a little note to send along with the plant (to help it stand up!)
Of course I couldn't stop there... I had to make matching cards too. I want to give a little love to these ladies and who doesn't love a big button and a plant?!
Here is the second set. This is SUCH a fun and really and easy project. And I think it makes a delightful gift. And that is all for today, and for this week! I actually have two more gifts I need to do, but they are for Mother's Day so I probably won't share them for a bit. Thank you for joining me for Nifty Gifty Week! I loved hearing all your comments and ideas. Thanks for sharing your love and may you have a wonderfully FABULOUS weekend!!
loves to you~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages
Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate
Paper: American Crafts Metropolitan Line, Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Stampers White
Accessories: Pots, Glue Dots, Skewers, marvy Scallop Square punch, SU! Scalloped Line Punch, K&Co. Adhesive Gems, Papertrey Ink Vintage Button

9 comments:

Maz said...

What a great gift idea, may have to use that one sometime
Maz

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic, it is the plant that keeps on giving, and it sounds like you make the most of it, great job, beautiful set to send with the plant, thanks

~amy~ said...

FABulous projects Kristie..you're crafty and you have a green thumb?!!!!! I have thee biggest black thumb..

Lynnette said...

These are gorgeous! And what great thrifty gifts you've shown all week! Thanks for sharing

Vicky said...

Another great gift, Kristie! Perfect for a housewarming present!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Your cards are amazing. Luv how you decorated the plant pots too. What a great gift!

Natasha said...

I need to get a clipping of that plan for when we move into the Hazen House!

Laurel said...

What a fabulous idea!

Gloria Stengel said...

Om.my.lands! These are fab! I love them! You are so creative and talented! Hugs.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.