Apr 1, 2009

365 Cards: Imagine This- Water!

Today's 365 Cards challenge:  "Imagine This." And NO this is not an April Fool's joke!!  Last time is was sunshine, this week it is WATER! Use water as part of the image or as the inspiration for the card. SO I did a little online searching and found this stunning image:

Water water everywhere! I just love this photo. I used it as my inspiration for my card today:
And here she is! You know, the more I look at this card the more I actually like it. At first it was a little odd. A silver crab, the glittery paper... soooo odd, but I am starting to really dig it. And you know I could have used a LOT of these cards when I was prego... boy was I crabby!

I just picked up a Xyron Creative Station. You can make stickers, adhere magnets or laminate. You know... it is totally essential ; ) It is! Especially when you have a coupon for the dang thing! So I drew out what I wanted my 'wave' to look like and made a few copies. Then I ran the strips through the Xyron with the tops facing down so they became sticky and then dumped this fine glitter on it. (by Martha Stewart)

I laid them on top of a linen vellum layer that I distressed to add a little "wave foam". The crab is a Rubber Soul image and I tried a bunch of different ideas but the one that I really liked was it embossed in silver! So that's it!  Hope you try the challenge today and create something inspired by water and be sure to link it up on 365 Cards so we can see your wonderful creations.
Have a good Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Rubber Soul Animal Love
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Pacific Sun
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stampers White, Aqua Mist, Linen Vellum
Accessories: Distressing Tool, Martha Stewart Glitter Xyron Creation Station

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love it Kristie!! I've been enjoying all of your Rubber Soul creations lately..I just emailed them about their latest image:

http://rubbersoul.myshopify.com/products/keep-calm-carry-on-rubber-stamp

wooooo hooo...love that quote...

have a super day!!!

Vicky said...

Great job, Kristie!! This one totally stumped me. I just could not figure out what to do for a 'water' card, but you nailed it! Love it!

Kage said...

Oohhh...good one.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.