Nov 4, 2008

Take-Off Tuesday #1

I find myself inspired by different things. A lot of the time it is fabric, a piece of clothing, color combo's or even a particular home design in a magazine. I usually rip out the page and keep it close so I can refer to it when I want to be inspired. Because of this I now have a pile of pages cluttering up my shelf!!  I decided instead of the clutter I was really going to start to follow through on the ideas that I have. So without further ado, I introduce you the start of what will hopefully be a weekly installment named Take-off Tuesday.  Here is my first item...

This is Baby Cache's hand-me-down jacket. (Please ignore the dirt spots. toddler+boy=dirty)
 He was running through the playground today and I decided there was no reason it couldn't be a card. I was so sure of the simplicity and "boyishness" of it I started to sketch some things down. Well it was so simple, I didn't sketch long and of course it has proven to be one of the easiest cards I have put together, to date. You might be able to tell why. 
Very very simple, but captures all the things that give this jacket a personality.
I added some score lines to give detail and interest. Kind of like the sewing lines in the actual fabric. The rest is simple and self explanatory. BUT my fav. part of this card is the sentiment:

I bent the HAPPY BIRTHDAY (from PTI Birthday Basics) to arch like the label in the jacket and then added est. 2007 with PTI's Simple Alphabet,which is the year Cache was born. I think it's actually a cute and clever way to make a birthday card special and add detail about the person. I think it wold be nice to add in their name on the front too, however I didn't because I just thought of it! That's always the way it goes for me. I love the Simple Alphabet because they are small enough to do these kinds of things. And maybe you have noticed I am pretty literal in my inspiration. I like it like that!

Anyway, that's it for the first of Take-Off Tuesday. Join me next week, because you never know what you are going to get. Really. And until then I challenge you to take a look in your closet, (magazine stash or junk mail pile) and pick your fav. piece to make your own "takeoff." I would love to see what inspires you!

Also DON'T FORGET TO VOTE today!!!!! It's very important that we take the time out to raise our voices and make a change for our future!


Till next time.
k


Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics, Simple Alphabet
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Paper: SU! Summer Sun, DWS Textured Navy
Accessories: Antique Brads, Score Pal
Size: A2

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.