Nov 11, 2008

Take-Off Tuesday #2


Back again this week with one of my favorite sweaters. I bought this baby after some coaxing from a friend, and I'm so glad I did. It's cosy and soft and is made by a company called Scrapbook Clothing,  so how could I NOT love it?? For a while I have thought the white on color would be nice for a card, and I finally tried it!

The first snag I ran into was the lack of navy blue card stock in my stash. I didn't realize I would need it or that I didn't have it. But I did get around it by using some DCWV texture scrapbook paper I had sitting around (Whew!) Needless to say this card is a bit flimsy, but it did get me the color I was after. It started out as a tri-fold card (in a way) but was HORRIBLE so I hacked it up, flipped it upside down and this is what I got. (And please excuse the horrible picture.)
I had a hard time determining what kind of sentiment would actually go with this style. I felt like eating a pie the entire time, but only one that had previously won a blue ribbon. Does it make you feel like you are at the county bake-off??

I punched out some Pure Poppy paper with my 1/8 hole punch and used them as the center of my flowers. I also covered them with some paper glaze to add dimension (and frankly interest!)

In the end, I really like how it turned out, even if it doesn't quite fit a particular occasion or sentiment. I love my sweater AND now this card too! 

What has inspired you this week? Sit down and create, learn and have fun!

see you next time!
k


Deets:
Ink: SU! Craft White, Basic Black, PTI Pure Poppy
Paper: DCWV Blue Textured 12x12, PTI Stampers Select, Pure Poppy
Accessories: PTI Pure Poppy Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Red Button, embroidery thread (from stash), paper glaze
Size: A2

1 comment:

Kage said...

yeah, that was a good purchase, every time you wear it I am like, I like that hoodie.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.