Oct 15, 2014

The Card Concept #21

 Hey there! Welcome back to another instalment of  The Card Concept! Here is today's challenge: Country and Sunflowers!

My charge is to make a Shabby Chic card and let me tell you, this was a challenge for me! I have noticed that my clean and graphic style has become such a mainstay that it was hard to venture away from it. And even with all that I did, I don't think this is as Shabby Chic as it should be! But you be the judge:

There are a few things that mean Shabby Chic to me. First, ribbon, layers and antique sponging. I started with some book print that I painted with some white gesso. I stamped my flower image (the closest I have to a sunflower, eek!) and used some Copics to colour it in. Now just a little FYI... If you decide to colour Copics over paint, you must remember that even if you use the right ink, your stamped image will take some time to dry on the paint. So be careful! You may get some smearing if you colour too soon (um, I learned first hand). But one of the other things about colouring with Copics on paint is it does this cool blending thing. Kind of splotchy, which I liked.


I die cut my scalloped rectangle (in my world scallop is a nice country style!) and sponged it with distress inks. I stamped my image and popped it all up with dimensionals for each layer. I was inspired by the gingham in the picture and wanted to add some of that to my card.

And that's it! I think it's still pretty simple and plain for a shabby card, and I realized my stash is not equipped for shabby designing! But I feel like it went fairly well.

What do you think? Will you join us for our challenge? I love The Card Concept blog because its a great chance to try new styles. Because honestly unless someone pushes me, I don't think of designing in another way. And this always helps you hone your designing and adaptation skills!

I hope you get a chance to join us. So hop on over! The Card Concept.

Thanks for stopping by today. And thank you for taking the time to leave me some comment love! It makes my day!
xoxo
k

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the flower stamped on the print sheets and beautiful coloring!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, I think you did a beautiful job with this style, Kristie! I am somewhat intimidated by shabby chic but you made it look easy! I agree, the antique distressing and gingham ribbon definitely add to the shabby chic country feel...your card is just lovely!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.