Oct 3, 2014

Paper Wings Productions October Challenge

Hey there! Today is the monthly challenge over at Paper Wings Productions. I can't believe how fast the months go. This is my last month as a guest designer and I've had a great time! This months challenge is all about Halloween or orange. 

Now, as soon as this challenge was given I knew I was in trouble because I don't have any Paper Wings halloween stamps yet! Eek!! Well, that meant I had the great pleasure of figuring out my halloween card by using elements of what I have on hand. So that means, it was a challenge! I love this kind of stuff because it really gets my mind working.  

Here is my card:


I gathered up my supplies... Now I know what you are thinking... "isn't that the Eiffel Tower?!" Why yes, it is!  I used the Eiffel Tower and the scroll border stamp from Paris Clear stamp set and this swirl circle from Sacred Geometry stamp set.


 I stamped and embossed these images. The circle stamp became the moon, and I used the top of the tower and scroll image to make an iron fence. After stamping I used my craft knife to fussy cut around the scroll images. This opened up the look to be more fence like.

Next I hand cut a ghost from vellum and added a little face to him.

 This banner stamp from Paris Stamp set was perfect for his eyes. See the little tassel at the bottom? Yup... that's my little ghostys eye-balls. I hand drew his mouth with a Copic marker.

I then used the Whimsical Alphabet stamp set and embossing powder to create my sentiment. I used dimensionals to pop everything up and give it a little more life.


And that's it! My pieced together card using all BUT halloween stamps! I love when you can look at stamps in a different way and create anything!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm curious... are you a halloween card sender? I make them, but have yet to send any out! I need to know more people who love Halloween and want a card to go with their holiday. If you like halloween, raise your hand!

Until next time... Just keep on stamping
xoxo
k

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Who knew? No Halloween stamps, and look at your masterpiece! Great job, Kristie! Hugs...

Dana Tatar said...

This is such a fantastic way to use these stamps! I never would have seen these possibilities without your help. Amazing! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Seriously? How clever are you???? That is the coolest fence I have ever seen!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.