Jun 30, 2009

Happy Birthday

Hey there! Today's card is for a friend who is having a birthday this week:

This card... boy oh boy. I loved it, then I hated it, then I just lived with it. I love when you learn something new. And boy did I ever! Ok. So I love that you can emboss on vellum. It totally rocks. So I did two embossed flowers on the card base and two on the vellum and then stitched it together. But I used a super small stitch. Note to self *oops* Don't do that again! It was like a little saw just cutting away through the paper. I had to tape this baby up so it won't fall apart. It's so bad I might not even give it to my friend. It's craftmanship is a bit clunky and I don't want to feel like a heel when I give it to her ; )

Ok. One other thing I wanted to tell you about. I used the new ZING Embossing Powder from American Crafts. OOOOOH Baby! Let me tell you if you haven't tried it, you must! It totally rocks. I can't wait to get my hands on every shade (which could take awhile... there is a lot!). And if you have taken a look at their colors you know what I am talking about. There are some bold, bright and just plain fantastic colors to choose from. Uh, they even have a fluorescent line. sheesh isn't that exciting!? So go ahead... take a gander

Ok. that's it for today. I think I want to eat, but you know that is nothing new ; )
Hope you have a glorious day! Are you gearing up for the holiday this weekend? (that is if you live in the US?) What plans do you have? It finally feels like summer here because we have had 2 days of NO rain. Hallelujah! 

Thanks for checking in! Have a good one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Friends Til The End and Birthday Basics by PTI
Ink: Fresh Snow by PTI
Paper: Vellum by PTI, Not Quite Navy by SU!
Accessories: Zing White Embossing Powder by AC, sewing machine aka "the saw", corner rounder

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Kristie, I LOVE your card....did the small stitches totally perforate the vellum? I didn't think about that.

It's really gorgeous..just give it to her:)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.