Jun 4, 2009

2S4Y: Ultimate Card Showdown!

Ok, here it is. I am so glad I got to participate this week. If you haven't heard about the Ultimate Card Showdown, you can check it all out HERE
Here's my submission:

You know I had a lot of fun making this card, but without fail when I get done with a challenge I always wish I would have done something different. Do you run into that too? It's such a nuisance. I wish I could just be happy with it as is. Anyway. I have been wanting to use this ice cream image from Pink Paislee for awhile and I think it worked well with this. 
Here is a close up of the tag. I covered the back with tape and looped the embroidery floss around the edge. It adds a fun detail! Ok, so how have things been for you this week? Today I feel I can breathe a bit, so it's been nice. Hope your day is going well too!
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Sweet Cakes by Pink Paislee
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy by Papertrey Ink, Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie by SU!
Paper: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Bitty Dot PP by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Kids Markers, Earth Elements Markers by SU!, Pop Dots, Double Scalloped Line Punch by Martha Stewart, Diamond Stickles, Embroidery floss (stash)

20 comments:

Laurel said...

Ooohhh, so yummy, love it!

Vicky said...

this is an awesome card, kristie! love the ice cream cones & i especially love the little loop-de-loops with the floss! you're so creative!

Unknown said...

I do that a lot - I used to try to re-do those things, but I've learned to let them go. Great card!!

Britta Swiderski said...

I know what you mean about not being truly happy about a project, but I just move on and make one that I absolutely adore. :) I love this card- the loops are fabulous!

Giselle said...

So creative.. I love the colors..!!

Barb said...

Very fun card! Love the dimension & the great border around the sentiment!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Yah, I know what you mean. I always find something that I think I could have added.
But seriously there is nothing that needs to be changed here. I adore your card - it's wonderful

Thanks for taking part in the UCS

June Houck said...

OMgoodness! You rocked this challenge. I love the random popped up ice cream cones. And the looped floss is pure genius. I hope you win the challenge...this card is amazing.

~amy~ said...

LOVE this Kristie...who doesn't love icecream...seriously??!!! I had it twice yesterday...ssshhh...don't tell anyone...it's sooo stinkin' hot over here. Anyways, love what you did with the embroidery floss...very clever sista!

Dizzie Noodle said...

I love how dimensional this card! Kudos!

Latisha said...

awesome awesome awesome card!!

Unknown said...

I love it the way it is - so cute and delicious looking at the same time :) Lovely interpretation of Laura's Sketch. Thanks for playing
:) Kazan & Laura

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Great card. I think it's perfect just the way that it is. Love it.

Pam said...

I know how you feel, Kristie, but if I'd made this card, I would be very proud of it!

anja curvers said...

Yummy card I like those ice-creams gives me a summery feeling.

Joke said...

Wow, great lovely card. Love all the dimension.

cnelson said...

cute, cute, cute! love it!

Liv said...

Oh my gosh! it is so cute... and Yummy!!

liv.

Jingle said...

Oh, HOW FUN IS THIS? There is so much greatness in this card! The dimension, the texture, the colors...it's fabulous!

AUsome mom said...

I can't believe that I'm just now seeing this card! Girl, this is fantabulous!! I love the ice cream (as I am a HUGE ice cream lover). That floss trick was very, very clever. Love it all!! Hope you're doing well :)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.