Jun 20, 2009

365 Cards: Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl!

Ok, before we start today, I just wanted to say that I had an old friend comment on my post yesterday but I don't know how to get ahold of you! ANGIE... If you are reading this, EMAIL ME!! (link below my pic) so I can contact you!!! It's been ages. What a wonderful surprise!

Ok onto the card. And can I just say that I finished this card and then realized it didn't quite fit the challenge.... oops. I was so excited to find a journaling card with LOVE on it and whipped up this pretty card (well, I think it's pretty) only to realize this is NOT a card you would give to someone at a wedding. Unless you were professing your love for either the bride or groom, both of which would be bad bad bad on someone else's wedding day! Anyway. Enough chatter. Here is my card:
Now I do think this is the kind of card you would give to someone on say, and anniversary... right? Ok, so as you can see I fudged just a bit, but it is still done and fits about half of the criteria ; ) Onto the details.... I used the journaling card from Honey Pie and it miraculously fit the colors from the Dutch Girl Line (both cosmo cricket). I trimmed out one of their lined papers and scored it every 1/2 inch. Gathered it up a bit to make a nice lace ruffle and adhered with glue dots. You can see more detail here:
I added the chipboard heart, bow and button and it was done! I really like how it turned out. I will not be using this for my brothers wedding this summer (it's not his colors!) but I will be making those soon and hope to show you. Its coming quick so I really better get started. 

Ok, how is your saturday going?? Let me know what you are up to. I hope its good weather where you are! Have a great day!
k

Deets:
Paper: Melon Berry by PTI, Dutch Girl and Honey Pie by Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Aqua Button and Ocean Tides Ribbon by PTI, Chipboard Heart by Cosmo Cricket

10 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Kristie!

I don't see a link under your pic, so here's my e-mail:

angharadprees@yahoo.com

Can't wait to hear all your news:)

Angie.

~amy~ said...

Okay, you & your friend angie crack me up....woo hoo for reunions though, that's coolio....the power of the internet..

Anywho's, your card is chock full {I always type it as 2 words because it looks funny as one...hmmm...one of these days I'll find out the correct way}, your card is a-dorable!!! I totally thought that the pleated panel was LACE only to find out it is paper! c-u-t-e! Finishing my 2nd cup of coffee..going for more...can you tell? LOL Have a super creative weekend Kristie!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Kristie,such a beautiful card and it does qualify for wedding "Wedding Anniversary" that is a card I would defintely give my hubby on our special day.

Karen Lee said...

Kristie I love it!! Bright colors always make me smile! I'm glad your friend found you. Its always so nice to hear from an old buddie!

hugs, Karen Lee

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh LOVE your card, and the whole texture and love of it!!! amazing always love seeing what you come up with!!!!

Susan said...

so much creativeness wrapped up in this gorgous card! I love the Dutch girl papers so much and your 'dress' layer is wonderful. This card really rocks!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful, I just love, you love card, Kristie, great job.

Brooke said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!
Love your card-I like that lace ruffle you added!

Unknown said...

Never mind Kristie my card just has the word LOVE on it, and I thought the same thing it looks as if I am professing my love for either the bride or groom lol. I love your card btw. . . nice job!!
Hugs
Michelle

Vicky said...

You crack me up! :) It could totally be a wedding card if it's bride or groom giving it to their own bride or groom! Love the layout you used.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.