Nov 8, 2009

365 Sketchy Sunday : Paper Popsicles Sponsor!!

Good Sunday to you. Today starts up our sponsor week at 365 Cards. Welcome Paper Popsicles!!! Lets hear the cheer people. Paper! Popsicles! (I just love their name). 

Here is Pam's sketch we worked with:
And my card using the bird image from Paper Popsicles:
I printed my digistamp onto linen vellum and then colored it with some markers. Then, I had a serious mishap.. i.e. lots of ripping! (I was trying to stitch, but you know, it all fell apart!) So I thought... "Before I throw this out, lets see what will happen if"...  So I crinkled up my paper. Dabbed my craft sheet with some distressing ink and rubbed my bird in it. And this my friends, is what happens when you do that! I really liked the result, so I didn't bother printing out a new image.

You can see the nice ink coverage which I love with the linen texture coming through. I added some background stamping for my card base, some ribbon, a button, scallops and a sentiment.

I was quite surprised at my color choice today. I was originally trying to make more brown and orange work with the image but it was all just blending together and looking rather BLAH. The blue really helps my robin red breast pop and its also a nice contrast for the green. I love being pleasantly surprised! 

Ok. Thats it for now. But this entire week be sure to play along at 365 Cards to be entered into win some nice love from Paper Popsicles. Now how can you say no to that??? There will be lots of fun things to look at this week, especially holiday stuff, so stay tuned!!

Hope your day is peaceful and fine.
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Digistamp Bird (Paper Popsicles), Guide Lines, Out On A Limb Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink), Scattered Straw, Tea Dye Distressing Ink (Tim Holtz)
Paper: New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Linen Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Grosgrain, Satin Ribbon, Vintage Button (Papertrey INk) Scallop Border Punch, Earth Element Markers (SU!), Bakery Twine (Martha Stewart)

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh boy, did your sewing machine start eating up your paper? well, you did a magnificent recovery because your image is fabulous...you made it look so wonderfully shabby chic'ish...I love the contrast with the colors...excellent my dear.

Anonymous said...

Nice save on the card, that image is adorable and the colour combo is so fresh and pretty!!

TesaB said...

Love how you saved that mishap and made this fantastic shabby/vintage card! It's beautiful, the image is really great and I've never seen that sort of paper before, but wow, it's fantastic!

Rose said...

well thank goodness you had the misshap as it turned into a FANTASTIC item!! LOVE it :0)

ardith said...

What a wonderful mishap!!! Mine never seem to turn out quite so nice!! Fabulous card- and what a fun story of the path to it!!

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge!

Gloria Stengel said...

What a pretty, happy accident! Don't you love when that happens! This is adorable! I love that little, chubby birdie! You know, I never see robins here in so. CA. I see lots of hummingbirds, crows, and some sort of sparrow. No robins.

Kelly S. said...

Ummm, linen vellum?! I didn't know there was such a thing at PTI...and I am SOOOO buying some because this card is FABULOUS, Kristie! I obsessively use my old SU Linen Background, so I can't wait to try some of this stuff. Hope my result is as good as your oopsy bird card!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.