Nov 15, 2009

365 Cards: Sketchy Sunday

Good morning to you all! Here is today's sketch over at 365 Cards:


Here is my take on the sketch:



I went really conservative on this one. I think because I wanted to be able to send this to someone and was worried about it fitting into a regular envie. But I do wish I could go back and get a bit more funky like you see in the sketch. 

I stamped my aqua CS with a button from the Pink Persimmon "Cute as A Button" stamp to make my background. Then added some flourishes to the other side from Papertrey Ink.

I spritzed the entire thing with glimmer mist, but you know its really hard to see! I think the place you can see it most is on the button. 

Really simple card today. I am getting really excited around here because we only have one more week until DH is off from work for an entire week! We have Thanksgiving planned, with lots of lovely food, and relaxing. We are even doing a bit of Christmas gift opening since we will be traveling a bit around the holidays. I always love an excuse to open presents early : )

A few random things for me this weekend. I am now reading THIS book, THIS book and THIS book. One for fun (yay church book club!) and others as you can see for the well-being of my family. Its been quite interesting. Between all these books and card making, there is little time for other things and boy is my rear-end tired from sitting! Of course if it wasn't I am sure I would be complaining that my feet were tired instead ; )

Anyway. Thanks for checking in. Hope you have a great Sunday!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Cute as a Button (Pink Persimmon), Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU!), Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Bakery Twine (Martha Stewart), Vintage button (Papertrey Ink), Flower (Prima) Gold Glimmer Mist



:

3 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

I really love that large flower! It's a bummer when the glimmer mist won't pick up in the photos! But I can imagine how sparkly it is!

~amy~ said...

You are a smart cookie for making your card mail'able..LOL..mine will cost an arm and a let and a ginormous envy:)

Love the mondo flower!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, very pretty!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.