Nov 4, 2009

365 Cards: Do That Decade!!

Oh boy guys, is today's 365 Cards challenge fun! Do that decade: 1980-1989. Which means use this time period to inspire your card. Well, I was younger during that decade, so there are only a few things that really ring true for me. Here is my card... can you guess what was my inspiration??



Well, I lived through the 80's stacking and rolling down my socks (hence the three different colored papers with lines and curved edges. Doesn't that just remind you of cuffed socks!?)  I also wore A LOT of jelly bracelets. Unfortunately we are fresh out of jellies here in our house, but I found this leather cord that worked pretty well. I also added some mirror paper to add a bit of flash to it. I think that helps bring out a bit of a  'rocker' side for the card.

So what do you think?? What inspires you from the 80's? There is so much out there, it would be hard to stop creating (think Michael Jackson, Madonna, Punk music, teen movies) Oh the possibilities are endless!!

Anyway. Thats all for me today. Get your 80's groove on and get creating!!!

loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Scattered Showers ("you're" sentiment) Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink), Soft Sky (SU!)
Paper: Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Rain, Stampers White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Mirror Paper, Black Chord, Eyelets, Corner Rounder (from stash), Metallic frame (Heidi Swapp)

7 comments:

Sophie said...

Love your 80's card: colors, rounded corners, leather cord ! Fabulous !

~amy~ said...

LOL...jelly bracelets...that was a blast from the past...love your card!

Rose said...

fantastic card!! jelly bracelets?? :0) boy am i showing my age or what? LOL

Heather said...

Love the card! I remember slap bracelets, scrunchies in neon colors, and sharing different colored socks with Hillary.

Anonymous said...

Kristi, thanks for the inspiration and the prodding of ideas for the 80's, some of us were working and don't know what jelly bracelets are, is it like gummy worms? ;)
Anyway great job and thanks for mentioning movies, I finally have a thought.

Haley D. said...

Like, totally awesome! ;)

Gloria Stengel said...

Like, dude, like, totally 80s! :o)

This is very Rad! I was 18 in 1983...and wore my jeans so tight I am not sure how I could breathe. Of course I was a size 5 then....LOL. Oh yeah, 5' 9" tall and a size 5...what a sight! giggle


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.