Nov 11, 2009

365 Cards: Paper Popsicles Week!

Whoo! What a week it has been so far. A wild whirlwind! And now it's Wednesday (um... that's a lot of W's!)
Today's challenge at 365 Cards  is to use ric rac and buttons on your card. Now I was fortunate enough to get to play with this Gingerbread Man shaped card from Paper Popsicles!  Here is the first thing I made. A little holiday card:


I think the ric rac is SO cute and I also added a little background stamping for a bit of oomph. My sentiment flag is actually curvy, but apparently my photo forgot to show you that part ; )

I decided after printing out one of these templates (which is SUPER fast!) that I could indeed make a one-sided card just as fast. Or as most people call them; a tag!
I decided to keep this one a bit more simple. I added one strip of background stamping then glued some ric rac over top. It's a little 'funky cold madina', but I like it. (if you remember that song, give a shout out!)  I found a vintage heart button, which added the perfect touch for the sentiment:
I love pink and white for christmas colors, not traditional, but cute. I have this corrugated  box that I thought would hold a mini loaf just perfectly. I think bread gifts are the choice for my neighbors this season. I love bread. It makes me happy. I am happy to make it, and eat it and I love giving it away. It feels more substantial than the box of sugary stuff that I normally make. Bread sustains life and I think a hot piping loaf goes perfect with this sentiment!

Ok. Those are my projects for today. Hope you have time to dig through your ric rac and button stash and whip up something fun today! 

Thanks for stopping by!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Stocking Prints, Background Basics: Retro (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU!), Fresh Snow, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Creamy Caramel (SU!) Pure Poppy, Linen Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Vintage Buttons, Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Bakery Twine (Martha Stewart) Embroidery Floss (Stash), Gelly Roll Star Pen (Sakura), Hole Punch, Ric Rac (from stash)

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

okay...super SWEET!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a couple of great projects, i just love that gingerbread man, both are very inspirational!!!

Rose said...

super cute!! love the ric rak for the frosting and that heart button is perfect! :0) oh and can i be your neighbor?? LOL

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Off to search out some ric rak and buttons now to see what I can come up with!

jennifer mcguire said...

these are adorable!

Vicky said...

this is adorable Kristie! I love the retro background stamp on the card - perfect!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.