Feb 17, 2010

365 Cards: Seven Sketches Week!

Good day to you this wonderful Wednesday! We have a fun week for you going on over at 365 Cards. This week every DT member has created a sketch for you to try out. Today is wednesday which means it's my turn! Here is the sketch I put together:
I drew up this sketch and then seemed to be inspired in a different way when it came time to make my card. Here is what I did:
I added a little rotation....I have been in Valentine's mode so the hearts got used again.  However I didn't want it to be a traditional red/pink card. The sentiment that I included is more of the feel I wanted to get across. I pulled out some cork paper to stamp my background on. I overlapped the white hearts and some text stamps. Popped up the hearts and added my twine and buttons for the last finishing touches. You can see the border line I drew in in black around the outer edge. I wanted it to be distinct but still subtle.

This card is set aside for my parents-in-law. They have been so wonderful to come and take care of me the first week being home from the hospital while my husband was away. I don't know if they realize how much help they actually were, but I am pretty sure I would have died (and my kids too) if they hadn't been here. I am SO grateful they are in my life. They love me (uh, i think..) and they love my kids and for that I am eternally indebted. 

That's all for this wednesday's 365 Card installment. I would love to see what you create with this sketch. I hope you find it inspiring! Until next time .....
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Background Basics: Hearts, Heart Prints (Papertrey Ink), Loving Words (Ali Edwards)
Ink: White (Brilliance), Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink) Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Stampers White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cork Board (Michael's) Vintage Button, Jute Twine (Papertrey Ink), Black Marker (SU!)

5 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Kristie, Love the sketch and your card. I totally agree what would we do without the inlaws.

TesaB said...

Love, love, love the sketch and your take on it is perfectly beautiful! Gorgeous stamps, and the colors are soooo great! They will for sure appreciate it! And lucky you with inlaws like that!

Janice said...

Great sketch and great card, I'm sure your in-laws will love it!

Rose said...

your card is fantastic and what a wonderful reason to make it :) how are you and the baby?

~Tammy~ said...

Great sketch!! I may have to give this one a try ;o)


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.