Sep 3, 2009

Hoppy Birthday!

I have a friend who's birthday was yesterday. I wanted to make her up something special. This is what I came up with and thought I would share it really quick:

A little basic card. 3.5 x 3.5 with some black polkadots and lots of bright green. The grasshopper is from Summer Trees by Kim Hughes. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink (Green Thumb Set). I added some star Gelly Roll pen action for a bit of spice. This ribbon is actually green with blue polka dots, but I didn't want the dots so I turned it to the back side to only show green. Here is the treat bag I paired with it:
It was a total fluke that I had a bag the same color of green. I was so glad it was big enough because halfway through making the card I realized I wanted to send Grasshopper Cookies with it. Just the perfect treat for this card right!? I was so excited that my brain was actually working and I could come up with that idea! And it all fit into my green bag with no problems. I tied some embroidery floss around the handle and slide my card onto it to hang. I wanted it to be the focal point of the bag, so I avoided an envie. I added some polka dots to some tissue paper as a border and Voila... It was done!  Happy Birthday Laura. Hope your day was great. Thanks for being my friend!

Now, thanks to all of you who participated in the 365 Card Challenge yesterday. What a fun time it was to see all of your creations. For those of you who haven't had a chance to play along, you still have time, so don't give up yet. You have til the end of the week and I hope to get to view more of your creations. I am so glad it inspired you and in so many different ways. I am always amazed to see how differently each of our brains work. What spice it brings to life and creativity!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Summer Trees by Kim Hughes, Fancy Frames by Pink Paislee, Green Thumb, Polkadot Basics II by Papertrey Ink 
Ink: Basic Black by SU!, Fresh Snow, New Leaf by Papertrey Ink
Paper: True Black, Stampers Select White by Papertrey ink
Accessories: Vintage Button by Papertrey Ink, Stars Gelly Roll Pen by Sakura, Green Ribbon from stash, gift bag, tissue paper

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

darling card Kristie...I adore the green with the black! Great giftie for your friend!

Anonymous said...

Your friend will love this just wonderful!!!

laura said...

I loved my beautiful card and the yummy cookies. I was wondering about the polka-dotted tissue paper. You are just too cute, Kristie Larsen. Thanks for helping me make my day special!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.