Sep 6, 2009

365 Cards Sketchy Sunday: Sassy Studio Designs

Wow! How this weekend has flown by. Happy Sunday Everyone! I have been MIA these last few days. I totally didn't mean to not have a card to post, but that seems to be what happened. My DH spent most of friday off at the house getting ready to go out of town, and you know he always throws me for a loop! Then I had a little road trip planned with some friends for saturday and we were out all day and that brings me to sunday with only one card to show and that is for 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday!! Here is today's sketch:


We are SO lucky to have Sassy Studio Designs as our sponsor this week. We received some super cute images to play with and we can't wait to get the challenges started!! Here is my image using todays sketch:

I can think of a number of little girls that might want a pretty princess to wish them happy birthday! There really are so many things you can do with this Princess and mask image. What about a costume party invitations and you could make your very own masquerade masks for all your guests (you can get a full size one from Sassy Studio Designs) or even birthday party decorations, place holders... the list goes on!

This was a fun image to color and paper piece. And as you may be able to tell, I got crazy with the Star Gelly Roll Pen. I put glitter on every line of that dress. (Click on the picture for a close up.) This girl shimmers like crazy! I also cut up a prima flower to make my feathers for the mask and as one last touch, I folded along the bottom dress lines to give the skirt some movement. 

Well, that is all for today. I will be checking back with you this week with more fun things from Sassy Studio Designs and other things I just may have lurking up my sleeve ; ) Be sure to stop by Sassy Studio Designs BLOG and WEB SITE to take a gander at the other fun images they have to offer. And be sure to participate this week, you just could be our lucky winner!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Digi-Stamp Princess and Mask by Sassy Studio Design, Birthday Basics by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Jet Black by StaZon 
Paper: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Stampers Select White, Pink Patterns Paper, Vellum by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Gelly Roll Metallic Pens, Star Pen by Sakura. Berry Sorbet Grosgrain Ribbon by Papertrey Ink, Prima Flowers

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

fabbie paper piecing kristie!!

Carolyn V said...

Pretty Princess is paper pieced to perfection! OK, that's enough alliteration. LOVE what you've done with the image - and the sketch. Gorgeous :D

Rose said...

fantastic paper piecing and your so right any little girl would love this card :)

Janice said...

I would love to get this card {lol}. You've done a fantastic job, the coloring, piecing just fantastic!

Unknown said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Kristie. I love it.
Hugs
Michelle

Gloria Stengel said...

This is stunning! Wonderful paper piecing and great colors!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.