Jul 5, 2008

Happy Fourth OF JULY!!!

It's a great day. I'm spending the 4th with my family, but wanted to post something. Of course, I didn't actually put together a 4th of July project (uh hello, I'm on vacation!) I thought maybe this one would fly cause it uses great July colors. This is actually a thank you card for my SIL. We are going on a cruise for thanksgiving and she did ALL the work to get the thing booked for us. So I wanted to say thanks and thought this little boat would be appropriate.  It's a sailing card. Get it? Well, hopefully she did. 

I love these stamps! (of course cause they are PTI).  I cased the shape of the tag with the sentiment on it from Lauren. Scroll down this post to see it, and make sure you check out all the cool things she does. I'm amazed every time she posts. Very clever girl. 
Anyway. Here is the envelope I sent with the card. 

I really loved the back flap stamped like that and was really excited when I sent it and then two days later, it came back to me. I was a complete idiot and forgot to put on the zip code! So of course the envelope was not salvageable and I didn't have time to do a new one because the card was already late, so I sent it in a blank one instead. Really lost on the cute factor with that mistake. Maybe I will never make that mistake again, except its not the first time it has happened. So yes. I'm a dork.
Anyway. Hope you have a fun, hot and memorable 4th of July. Let freedom ring!

Deets:
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Navy Blue, Ruby Red, Summer Sun
Paper: S.E.I for paper piecing sail, SU! White
Accessories: Eyelets

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.