Dec 7, 2009

Christmas Book Box: Pink Persimmon

Happy Monday to you!! Today's project is an idea I originally got from a friend. (You can read about the original idea here). Essential this is the idea: Gather/Purchase enough books to read one (holiday/religious) book every night in the month of December as a family.  You can store them in many ways. I have created this book box and it sits under our Christmas tree. Every night the kids get to pick one book to read.

Another idea is to wrap them in fabric bags (or wrapping paper) and place them under the tree. Each night you get to pick one and 'open' it. It's just like opening a present because you don't know what book you will get! It's a great way to get into the holiday spirit, to share the true meaning of Christmas and spend time as a family. 

So far I have collected books only after Christmas is over. This is when all the books are on serious discount! I can pick up an arm load for the same amount that one would have cost me before Christmas. Eventually I want to build up my stash to 24 books. You could even make it 25 books and read one Christmas morning.  I don't think it will take long to collect all the books you will need and really, once you start collecting, I can't see how you can stop!
Now onto the crafting of it. Here is a close up of the box. I used Pink Persimmon Banner Set and Soda Pop Alpha set to create my banner. The paper is from K&Co. I stamped the outline banner onto patterned paper and used two to make stars. Then I used a 3/8" circle punch for the letters. I fussy cut the ornaments from the pattern paper and popped them up with dots. The stars are glued to satin ribbon that wraps around the edges and back of box.

And there you have it! Another holiday tradition idea for your family this year. Now, if you pop on over to Pink Persimmon's Blog you can enter to win your own 20$ Gift Certificate from Pink Persimmon!! How much fun is that??? Just comment on THIS POST what your favorite holiday story is. It's that simple!

I hope this project inspires you to create some of your own family traditions this holiday season. New ones, old ones... traditions are what bind families and make growing up so special.
Have a great week everyone! See you here on Wed. for a 365 Cards Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Soda Pop Alphas, Large Banner Set (Pink Persimmon)
Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance),  Broken China Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
Paper: Figgy Pudding (K&Co.)
Accessories: Satin Ribbon (Tai Pan), Circle Punch (SU!), Pop Dots (Stash)

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

sooooo cute kristie!

lindalou said...

Great idea. When my son was younger, we had about 9 Holiday inspired books and we would read one every night building up to The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve. Now that he's a surly 17 year old, I don't get to do it anymore.

Maybe, I'll go over to my daughter's and read to her son's. That might help me survive my empty nest syndrome.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.