Feb 11, 2009

Conversation Cookies

I saw these in this months Martha Stewart Mag when I was doing a quick browse at the bookstore. I thought it would be a great Valentine's gift.

First you bake up some sugar cookies, add some Royal Icing and stamp on it with food coloring. Sounds simple enough right??  And considering my baking partner was a 4 yr. old with butterfingers, things turned out pretty good. ; 0

PTI's Simple Alphabet is perfect for this project. The font adds just the right look. The only thing is the Royal Icing isn't as tasty as say a butter frosting would be, but it stiffens up so you have a hard surface to stamp on. I chose to do a few of them this way and the rest with the real frosting so they were more enjoyable to eat.
Here is one of them packaged up in a glassine bag. I used my Cuttlebug to make a  bigger and cuter flap, tied it up with ribbon and Voila!
Here they are together. Those papers are the Berry Sweet Line from K&Co, which you have seen recently and will still be on my desk for the remainder of the Valentine week. So that's it! A sweet hello for a Valentine friend.

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

k

Deets:
Stamps: PTI Simple Alphabet, Polka Dot Basics
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy
Paper: PTI Berry Sorbet, K&Co. Berry Sweet
Accessories: EK Heart Punch, Button, Embroidery Floss, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Scallop/Circle
PTI Pure Poppy Ribbon, Cropadile

2 comments:

Kage said...

totally impressed with the conversation heart cookies....WAY impressed, especially considering the partner.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is way cool that you can do that. I must try sometime. ---teri


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.