Jul 2, 2015

Sweet Stamp Shop- Spotlight stamping with backgrounds

Hello there! It's Kristie Larsen here and I'm glad to be back today to share with you a little card with a simple concept that can be adapted in many ways. Lets get started!

I first took the Lower Outline Alpha stamp set and stamped out the word "campout" across my white card base. (I LOVE this font!) I started in the middle to get a good placement and then worked around it as I went.


I then took some Copic markers and coloured in just ONE of the stamped 'campout' words to highlight or spotlight that one part. This is what I used as the sentiment. When you stamp in black and white, you can spotlight any part of a card with ease just by adding some color. You could do multiple words but spotlight them in a shape if you want. I think you can come up with quite a few variations that would keep you crafty for a long while!


I then used this adorable set 'CampOut' set to make up the other elements of the card. I colored the little trailer with Copics

  

And also coloured the fire and my little marshmallows on a stick!! I am currently in the states on holiday and are living it up!... We roasted (and burned) all the marshmallows we could get our hands on. I LOVE the marshmallows because they are so cute, but maybe I should have coloured them black, just to be realistic! That's all we know in our family, 'char-broiled mallow/'


I went out to my parents concrete patio to take some final pictures. They kind of add to the overall 'camping' look.... It's a simple card, but a lot of fun elements!


Here is a little close up for your viewing pleasure!



Thanks for stopping in today. Be sure to find us on Instagram where we share daily inspiration on crafting, storage, and planning. You're sure to find something to inspire you!

Until next time,
xoxo
k

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Love how you created this card, looks briliant.

~amy~ said...

kristie, I LOVE this!!!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.