Aug 9, 2014

Create A Smile Stamps: Take 2

Hey! If you read THIS POST, you know that I am applying for a guest design spot over at the new stamp company Create A Smile. You can check out the post HERE.

And if you have some time, you should apply too! Christine has some really cute critters and designs that are fun to work with. Go check it out!


Here is my next card up for critique:

I'm in love with this dodo bird. Isn't his face so funny? I love it! I wanted him peeking out of a card because I love his face so much and felt like he was saying, "hey man... how you doin'". But of course I don't have a stamp that says that. (hmmm, stamp designers out there...help a girl out!) So I opted for a simple Hello.  

Here is a close up after I coloured him and added his plumage! I used some purple and blue coloured pencils to colour him in and then added some Glossy Accents to his eyes.

The background was made using a mask and embossing paste that was tinted with orange ink. I adhered that first and then tucked Mr. Dodo behind a washi covered card stock strip. I die cut my sentiment a few times with a mat silver paper layer on top and added some sequins.


And here is the funniest part.. look at MY dodo bird!

Isn't that funny? He loves to help me set up the cards when I take pictures and he just happened to be in the same stance as Mr. Dodo! I don't know if he did it on purpose, but I love it so much that I had to share it. Thanks for indulging me. I love this baby of mine....

Ok. That's all for today. Thanks for stopping in! Don't forget to check out Create A Smile! And if you have some time, scroll down through this ol' blog of mine, cause there are a few posts that I sent through in one day and I don't want you to miss a thang!

just keep on stamping,
xoxo
k

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Your kiddo and your card made me smile!!! :)

Unknown said...

how adorable! I love the feather and your sweet boy!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Kristie!!! You have blown me away!! I love your card. That purple feather is totally amazing. You really did an awesome job here. I totally love it. You win!!!

Aileen said...

I absolutely love this card, layout and colours. So eyecatching.

SonjaK said...

Wow, the idea with the feather is amazing! I just couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw it. So you definitely created a smile with this card.

Monicka said...

I love the feather! Adorable!

Deepti said...

Awwww how adorable, ur kid is peeking just like the little birdie on the card :) adorable !

anja curvers said...

This is really too cute love that feather on the bird. Glad you joined us over at create a smile.

Anonymous said...

This made me smile, love the feather, just adorable! Cx

Christine said...

Cuuuute! Those feathers had me laughing - he looks so funny!
Haha, thanks fro brightening my day!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.