Aug 16, 2014

Celebrate with Tim Holtz Stencil


Hey, Howdy HEY!  Happy weekend to you all.  I picked up this new stencil by Tim Holtz called 'Doily'. I was wandering the isles of my LSS (danger Will Robinson!) and WHAMO! It smacked me right between the eyes and begged to be carried home. I could only oblige. 

Check it out:


I wanted it to create a vintage-y, lace-y feel so I opted to use embossing paste tinted with some Fine Linen ink by Papertrey Ink.



It looks amazing after you peel it up. Do any of you gasp when you stencil? I LOVE the reveal! Makes my heart jump.
Ok, well, I couldn't quite let 'er be, so I decided to sprinkle a little bit of  Liquid Platinum Embossing powder over the top.  But I was sad to lose the linen colour so I opted to not completely cover the entire panel.

And really, it's hard to see the linen colour still, so I am happy to know that no matter which way you go (embossing or NO embossing) this stencil will make your project look great!

I had these Rosie Posie flowers from Papertrey Ink stamped up and sitting on my desk. I have this special place I put things that I think I might actually use on something else. They are always in the way! And thank heaven, these flowers only sat around for about 2 weeks before being used! That's actually a record. Usually they waste away. I have this unsightly stash of things stamped/cut/blended/stenciled that need to be put to use. I think I will try a card a week using up my stash and if these things are not gone in a few months, then out with them!!


Ok... Last but not least, the matte copper card stock you have seen before and of course the Little B die cuts. I love both of these things! You will be seeing much more of them I am sure. 

Being out of the states, I am getting creative about where I find my crafting supplies and also much more flexible about what is deemed a 'crafting supply'. I would have never thought to look at the poster board section before. Which now that I think about it, is just plain silliness. It is paper, after all. But I am so glad I did! The copper was such a lovely find.

Thanks for stopping in today. And thanks for all your comments! You always make my day!
have a smashing weekend,
xoxo
k

4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I LOVE this! That paste color is so pretty and love copper banner and the gorgeous flowers. This is fantastic!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

FABULOUS!!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous stencil and yes, I gasp, too, every time I lift up the stencil, lol!

keren said...

Ooh- that copper banner is gorgeous. Great card! x


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.