Aug 20, 2014

CASE Study week #2


So last night I was browsing blogs and realized I hadn't gotten to create a card for the second week of the Case Study Anniversary celebration and I instantly thought.... its 11pm, by the time I wake and do it tomorrow, it will be too late, so it ain't happening'.  Boo-Hoo! 

Then I thought... why admit defeat?! I want to play! 




So I decided if I created out of my ENORMOUS stash of painted/diecut/stamped things that just sit there most of the time, it would pull together in no time flat.  Well, it pulled together... fairly quickly, but not as fast as I thought it would! So much for my theory!

Here is my card... it is by no means ground breaking but it was a fast fly by my pants kind of a card, so I don't think it turned out too shabby. What do you think:




I was inspired by Maureen's card here.  Her's was so nice and soft and lovely. Again, I seem to have forgotten about the soft and lovely part for my card ;)

I had a bright pink panel that was watercolored with distress inks that I ran through the Cuttlebug with a Taylored Expressions cutting plate and then made it into a circle with a Spellbinders die cut. I had the other pink and white circles cut from a crazy card long ago. I die cut the vellum banner. Sponged a scrap piece of white for behind the banner and added sequins, and this card was born.



Now as for my photography, well there is just no excuse. Plain and simple. Gotta run this morning and have only a bit of time left to post so no fancy-smancy stuff today. Just my camera, my arm and some light from the window. So do with it what you will!

Thanks for stopping in today. Head on over to CASE Study for their anniversary celebration. Lots of fun to be had!!

xoxo
k



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! So delightful!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Atta girl!! In admire your determination :) Delightful mix of elements!

Maureen Merritt said...

Love it, fun & graphic! Thanks so much for CASEing my card, I am honored!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.