Apr 15, 2009

365 Cards Matchbook Card Challenge

Hey there all. Happy Wednesday!! Today it's my turn to show you a tutorial using the Score-It Mini for 365 Cards. My card is a matchbook card which are SO fun and easy to make. Plus they are a great way to make a hand delivered card since they close up like a matchbook negating any envelope! So lets get started. Here is the outside of my matchbook card:


Here you can see how it opens. The bottom flap allows you to tuck in the top, making it look like a matchbook:

Here is the inside. Note I used two adhesive gems. These are all for looks, but you can also punch holes there and thread with ribbon, or use buttons, brads or even eyelets. All will give you a nice look and help you keep your flap adhered. 



So lets get started shall we?


Step 1: Trim your cardstock legthwise at 4 1/4 x 11. Stamp if desired (I stamped a background on mine.)

Step 2: Score your card stock at 4 5/8 (just a bit over 4 1/2) and 10 inches
Step 3: Cut insert if desired at 4 1/4 x 3  1/2. Decorate and Adhere.
Step 4: Apply red line tape to adhere bottom flap.
Step 5: Design front as desired. I also added a few score lines to the front for some interest. You can click on the picture for it to enlarge. 

A few thoughts I have on the Score-It Mini: As I have read the other reviews by the DT members, I have noticed we all have the same likes with this product.
1. I love that its small and portable. Its easy to tuck away and doesn't take up all my desk space like my Score Pal.
2. I love that the stylus is attached. My kids love to steal my stuff and I misplace things in my mess and this way I know where it is always is. Its hard to stuff an entire Score-It Mini up your shirt! (just ask my 4 yr. old!)
3. I love the grip on this thing. No paper sliding around to cause problems.
4. I love the deep score lines it makes. I think they are even more profound than the ones from the Score Pal.
5. I love having this tool because my favorite paper is 110 lb. and it is IMPOSSIBLE to fold unless it is scored. This gives it a nice clean score, leaving no breaks or cracks in the paper.

All in all, this is a GREAT tool. Hope you guys like the tutorial. Please email me with any questions you may have and head on over to 365 Cards to link up your project. And good luck winning your own Score-It Mini!

loves~
k


Deets:
Stamps: Arigato & Hello Circles by Hero Arts, Background Basics: Retro by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pure Poppy by Papertrey Ink, Basic Black by SU!
Paper: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Stampers White by Papertrey Ink, Pacific Point by SU!
Accessories: Colored Pencils, Adhesive gems, Corner Rounder, Red Line Tape, Stickles

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

SWEET Kristie!! I ♥♥ the HA Japanese Doll stamps!!!

Rose said...

So cute!! i like the idea of scoring some lines on the front for intrest ;-)

Sam said...

Thanks for the fab instructions. Great project. Tried the score lines, went skewiff so had to cover with a scalloped border...
Sam x

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the stamped background! Nice job, easy directions!

Pam said...

Kristie - love your card and this awesome tutorial!!

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh!!! WAY tooo cute and love the tut, can't wait to get to this one!! super fun

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Incredible job! I love the card and the tut!
Thanks I'll be playing along this afternoon, during nap time!
R

Anonymous said...

nice job, its really cute

Chat Noir said...

Thanks for the great photos Kristie. Cant wait to try one for myself. Love the simplicity of your design and the colours are just right for the images.

Nellie Mae said...

Thanks for your tutorial!! I am teaching 'eyelet' setting at a workshop and I needed a good design for the card....your matchbook card is perfect for it! Thanks for passing on all your inspiration!! I will link you tutorial to my blog when I post the pics of my workshop!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial and review. It's a nice idea for a card.

Swedie


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.