Apr 4, 2009

365 Cards: Ad Inspired!!

Happy Saturday everybody! I hope it's sunny where you live. It is here and I am out and about today doing some yard work and getting pulled together from this crazy week. But wanted to stop and say HI! and show you a card (I am so predictable ; ) This is todays challenge at 365 Cards. Its an Ad Inspiration, and can I say I LOVE This room. I want to live here and sleep in that bed...for a long long time. Its just fabulous. 

I started out my card, but really when I got it finished it didn't feel a lot like the room, except for the colors. But  nonetheless, its my card and I created it, so here she is:
I have been wanting to make a window card since they featured them on the Hero Arts blog last week. This is actually the first time I have made one from scratch. I used an Exacto to cut out the window and then put some acetate over it. I pulled out Birds of a Feather by Papertrey Ink that hasn't been used in a while.
You can see I double stamped the flower image to get some depth and I had to add a button and some floss, just to round out the project. One day I will find a different embellishment that I love just as much and you will have to endure that on every card too. Can't wait for that right!?!?
Thats it today. Hope you are having a smashing weekend!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: Papertrey ink Birds Of A Feather
Ink: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Palette Chartreuse, Stazon Jet Black, Color Box Chalk Lipstick, SU! Summer Sun
Paper: Papertrey Ink New Leaf, Sweet Blush, Stampers Select White. Acetate (from Staples)
Accessories: Red Button and floss from stash

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Fab take on the ad inspiration Kristie! As I look at the photo more, I do love how the bed is situated...very cool.

Pam said...

Your card is wonderful no matter how the room inspired you - that's what I love about these ad inspired challenges; everybody sees it a little differently :) Now I totally want to make a window card!!!

Karen Lee said...

What a neat window card!!! I love your take on todays challenge! Its fun to see what direction everyone takes the ad challenges!

Joann said...

WOW!

Fi said...

Great window card - love the stamped image.
Hugs
Fi

Anonymous said...

just beautiful, I have been wanting to do something with the acetate as a window, and you have inspired me further, thanks for sharing, and for the close ups

Vicky said...

Oooohhh..I love this Kristie! That flower is really gorgeous!! Now I want to make a window card!

Jana said...

I love your take on this one. That window of yours is so pretty. Gonna lift this one for sure.

AUsome mom said...

Well, I posted, but I don't think it worked. Anyhoo, Kristie, this is just beautiful! And I LOVE your buttons! This is just so pretty.

Ginny said...

what a cool acrylic card..well done :0)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

This card is absolutley stunning it is a work of art. Great job on this challenge.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.