Dec 3, 2014

Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine Special Blog Hop

Hello there!  Today I have the privilege to participate in a very special blog hop for our beloved Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine. As you all know by now, Paper Crafts has had to close down their magazine publications. There are so many of us who have been blessed to be inside those pages to share our love of crafting and inspire each other through this amazing craft of ours.



I remember seeing my very first Paper Crafts magazine in 2007. My mother-in-law had a copy and showed me certain cards as she ooh-ed and aah-ed through the pages. I remember seeing one card that someone had sew on with their sewing machine and remember thinking, "What!? I would never do something like that. Who would take the time to do that!?"
Little did I know that from a small moment in time, I would transform into what I am now. At that moment I had no intention of EVER doing paper crafts. In fact I remember thinking just that.. "I would never do that!"  However, I had a friend in NY who was a SU! demonstrator and a few of us met together by her urging, mostly to chat and eat snacks, but she ended up starting a fire storm in me! (Thank you Ann!)

I started my blog in the summer of 2008 and between birthing kids and moving homes (and countries) paper crafting has seen me through the crazy times. Late nights made up of die cutting, embossing, stamping, trimming, colouring and blurry eyed excitement as I tried new things and found something that helped keep me sane through the days of feeding, burping, diaper changing, and house cleaning. It has been something that has helped me be more than just a mom and house wife. It has helped me stay creatively fulfilled which we all know is so hard when you are a woman wearing so many different hats for everyone else but yourself.

I remember the first email I received from Susan R. Opel. Holy cow, did I squeal!!! It was for a December issue and I had 2 cards chosen. It was such an amazing feeling!
This year has been a big one for me as Paper Craft Magazine saw me through Gallery Idol 2014 AND a World Card Making Day win! I have been so excited to participate with them and other amazing crafters in these contests. I wouldn't be where I am without PC&S and their amazing team. Thank you thank you THANK YOU!! Here are a few cards to share with you, that will never express my full gratitude to each and every person that has worked at PC&S through the years. Thank you for your hard work and dedication not just to paper crafting but to each one of us as designers and online (and physical) friends! You have cheered us on and inspired us. Thanks Ever So Much!:

Double dry embossing inlay with vellum overlay.


You mean the world to us and you will be sorely missed!

Die cut images/Copic colouring/ Versamark background

We Love You:
Mosaic shade gradient stamping/Masking technique
xoxoxoxo
k




 If you are participating in the hop, you should have come from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L


9 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are all gorgeous kristie!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! And a great post! I totally agree with you! When I first got into cardmaking there was a long list of things I was never going to do because it was crazy, who would spend hours paper piecing or hand stitching a card??!!! Um, me.....

Shelly said...

Such awesome cards! Love!

Kara said...

great cards!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful story and wonderful cards too.

Jill said...

Kristie--such an awesome awesome post! Well said. You captured so many things I've been trying to say myself :) and love these cards! Good stuff ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous cards Kristie!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Kristie, all your cards are truly amazing!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are so great


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.