Aug 19, 2009

365 Cards: Alpha Stickers Challenge & 2S4Y #33

Good Morning to you all this fine wednesday! Today's 365 Card challenge was a doosey for me. You must use alpha stickers on your card and include at least one number! Woah! Here is what I came up with:

My DS's birthday is coming up. Yup, he is going to be 5. So in honor of him, I made this card. His favorite color is orange, and the best color to go with that is blue, hence my color choices. Now this card made me realize that my mojo has left the building. So just like any card makin' gal might do, I searched online for a sketch. I chose this weeks 2S4Y sketch which you can find it HERE.  

Even with the sketch this blasted card took me 2 hours to complete. I searched high and low for the right supplies. Every where I thought they would be, they weren't. I dropped my black inkpad in my lap and then it tumbled to the floor... (ooh is DH gonna be upset!) And the complaints go on and on! (I am definitely prego!) 

Ok. Details: You can see I stamped and embossed the number 5 as my background paper and then I cut up some Scenic Route paper which gave me stars. I also did not have any alpha stickers that would really work and almost NO numbers. I found these Basic Grey alphas that I got in the April Mac Mae Card Kit but they weren't the right color for me so I sponged them black. That was about the only ah-ha moment I had all night. The rest of the time I spent grumbling! Ok. So enough about that. Today is supposed to be humid humid humid (uh... 95%!) so I think we are going to take it easy. Yesterday we may have over extended ourselves which might explained the drained mojo. Hopefully today we will be playing, reading and relaxing. Hope the kids don't mind!

Ok. Off you go! I hope your creativity is in full swing so you can participate in today's challenge! I look forward to checking them out!
thanks for stopping by 
k

Deets:
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Tim Holtz Perfect Medium
Paper: Scenic Route Stars, PTI Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise
Accessories: Basic Grey Gems, Diamond Stickles, PTI Twill Ribbon, EK Success Tab Line Punch, Filigree Clear Embossing Powder, Basic Grey Alpha Stickers.

9 comments:

Rose said...

sorry you had such a hard time :( but your card came out fab!! and congrats on another little one on the way :)

~amy~ said...

sista....gotta hate humidity!!! I love your card..I dig orange and blue together!!

Carolyn V said...

Despite your struggles (or perhaps because of them) you've come up with a stunning card. Your son will love it!

LeAnne said...

Love the bright colors you've used here!!! So sweet to have a 5-year-old! Those days are long behind me! :D
LeAnne

cnelson said...

so cute! so fun! so happy!!! love it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Super interpretation of the sketch Kristie - love how bright and fun this is
thanks for playing
:) kazan

Nicki (CSS) said...

OMG - cute! Love the notebook border punch that's great!

Anonymous said...

I love your card..I dig orange and blue together!!thanks.. notebook border punch are adorable..

--
Reenee
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.