May 25, 2009

365 Challenge: Cutting Cafe Week!

Happy Memorial Day to each of you! What a lovely day and an especially important day to honor those men and women who have given themselves to serving our country. I salute them and feel a swelling of gratitude and admiration for them especially today. What courage, discipline and faith it must have taken and still does take to serve. Bless you and your families for all you have given.

It's day #2 of our Cutting Cafe week and I am delighted to participate today in the challenge. Pam has issued it.... and I answered the call. The challenge is to use purple as the main color and use at least 5 circles on the card. Also, the DT member(s) are to use this adorable Cutting Cafe image. And here is my card:

The first thing I realized when doing this card was that I have ZERO purple patterned paper. So I got the chance to make my own. I used this dark purple paper that I think came from a Michael's pack, but I couldn't be sure. There was only one sheet sitting hidden among the other colors. I used 2 PTI Background Basics sets with white ink. I printed my Cutting Cafe grape image and colored it with the SU! Kid Markers (they are bright and fun colors!). My 5+ circles are the little jems I picked up (Michael's dollar spot.) I used my Nestabilities to cut the circle and scallop and popped them up on dots.  

I hope you have a wonderful day and have a chance to play along with the challenge. How much purple do you own? It doesn't seem like an overly used color, so stretch yourself today and take on the challenge. I can't wait to see what you create!!
loves~
k

Deets:
Stamps: Printable Stamps By Cutting Cafe, Polka Dot Basics and Background Basics: Retro by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow by Papertrey Ink
Paper: Dark Purple by Michaels, Stampers White and New Leaf by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Plum Pudding Saddle Stitch Ribbon by Papertrey Ink, Nestabilities Scallop and Circle Die Cuts, Pop Dots, Adhesive Gems by Studio 18

13 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful, Kristie! That's a great shade of purple for the cardstock! It's just screaming "grape popsicle" to me :). Have a lovely Memorial Day!

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is so PURPLE. Love how you created your own background papers. My first thought today when I saw the challenge was do I have purple paper. I started digging through my basicgrey and luckily Wisteria had a purple piece in it along with the others.
I broke down and bought this set at cutting cafe so hopefully will use it to play along with all of you.

Shari said...

love the purple bling on the grapes. Great job!
*Shari*

Unknown said...

Kristie isn't that PTI Background Basics set beautiful. I have been looking at it for a couple of weeks now lol. I love purple so I had a selection of designer papers to choose from for this one. Your card is great Kristie.
Regards
Michelle

Kim said...

Awesome card Kristie! Your background stamped design is wonderful and I luv the touch of bling on your grapes!

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, Kristi, I love the gems as your circles, great job

Chrissie said...

Great card, I am really impressed with the designs on the paper. Brilliant job!
Chrissie

Jeannie said...

Great grape card!
I left you an award on my blog, not sure if you already have it tho?!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Maz said...

This is really thinking outside the box, making your own BG paper! I am very impressed, lovely card
maz

Gloria Stengel said...

Now that's some purple! Great job on the bling! You rocked that bg paper! Way to go!

Rose said...

Love the PURPLE!! WOW!! fantastic card :D

Barb said...

Beautiful backgrounds... I love that you made your own paper! And the gems are perfect :)

~amy~ said...

Magnificent My Dear!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.