Dec 16, 2008

Take-Off Tuesday #7



Here is this weeks Take-Off. I was struck by this picture because I grew up in the age when you NEVER EVER wore Black and Brown together, let alone 2 different shades of brown. SCANDALOUS!!!! So, here this lady sits, (she is a designer from the West Elm catalog) in all her black, brown, white leathery glory and I just couldn't resist seeing what a card would look like. Her is my card in all its glory too:
I made a special trip to Michael's just for some feathers. It really needed it. It definitely has a Native American thing going on. I braided that leather tassel up and then in my late night stupor put glue on the wrong side! DUH! 
That lovely metal ribbon there is a special remnant from the ribbon outlet in VA. I finally got to go, and it was definitely worth the trip!   You can't really tell, but this paper is a nice light shade of brown with my Houndstooth Backgrounders stamp in white. Had to get all the colors in. Over all, I liked this one. It's great to use more things than just stamps. I love the texture it has. Of course I skipped the sentiment, cause I was just stumped on what to say.... If you have any ideas, send 'em my way.

Deets:
Stamps: CHF Houndstooth Backgrounder
Paper: Basic Black CS, Tan CS
Accessories: SU! Basic Black Marker, Gold Wire Ribbon, Leather cord and assorted feathers (Michael's) Tacky Glue


1 comment:

Kage said...

I love the inspiration from a photo that I never would have considered inspiration for a card. I too have a hard time with the whole black and brown thing...still working on it. Glad you mentioned the hounds tooth. I wouldn't have picked it out unless you had mentioned.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.